X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betvictor shoot out

How to watch it?

https://wst.tv/how-to-watch-the-betv...iEWcC3tUUnB8wQ

If they have a canned audience there should be some weird noises in the background , at least there won't be gob****es standing up and spilling plastic cups of tepid beer on everybody around them. Hope some unknown wins it or somebody who needs the points to stay on the tour , bit of a freak circus but amusing ( we need a bloody good laugh FFS )

Comment

Come on Rebecca Kenna, hope she has a good run, Rebecca owns my nearest snooker shop.

Comment

Originally Posted by Carpy2009 View Post
        Come on Rebecca Kenna, hope she has a good run, Rebecca owns my nearest snooker shop.
        I listened to an interview with her yesterday on a podcast . She seems a really down to earth girl who loves the game. Seems she has mhad quite a bit of sexism to deal with in the leagues in her area.

Comment

Yeah, she seems to be a nice person. Gender discrimination in snooker is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            Yeah, she seems to be a nice person. Gender discrimination in snooker is ridiculous.
            It’s true but I have seen more women practicing and playing in the last few months then I did in all the years I played previously . That’s a really good sign and it seems there has been much more interest in the women’s game generally from what she said in the interview . It’s the old social clubs and some of their archaic rules that are the problem with leagues .

Im looking forward to watching her play .

Comment

some more changes to players:
              https://wst.tv/betvictor-shoot-out-updated-draw/
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                By the time the ( like K Wilson etc) have pulled out there will be a motley crew of schoolboys and virtual unknows left with a few snooker regular pros

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I listened to an interview yesterday with her on a podcast . She seems a really down to earth girl who loves the game. Seems she has quite a bit of sexism to deal with in the leagues in her area.
                  the only reason there hasnt been a women who can seriously contend in the mens game is because there is no real draw for women to get interested in the game, which is a shame. I tried to get both my girls to play on my pool table at home when they were younger, but other than the obvious novelty factor they both lost interest pretty quick.

Now if you add to that, that any young girl or 20+ year old women would need to frequent a dark dingy, and nictotine stained old snooker clubs in most areas of england (other than say up north, where lets face it guys not many women would feel comfortable sadly) I guess its no real surprise a top talent hasn't emerged.

There are many female supporters of snooker, i think its a shame that a wealthy one has not thought about investing in a class facility for womens snooker. Unless that happens there will only ever be the odd lady pop up who simply loves the game and has talent that we eventually get to hear about and see, i.e Alison Fisher & Reanne Evans...
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

the only reason there hasnt been a women who can seriously contend in the mens game is because there is no real draw for women to get interested in the game, which is a shame. I tried to get both my girls to play on my pool table at home when they were younger, but other than the obvious novelty factor they both lost interest pretty quick.

Now if you add to that, that any young girl or 20+ year old women would need to frequent a dark dingy, and nictotine stained old snooker clubs in most areas of england (other than say up north, where lets face it guys not many women would feel comfortable sadly) I guess its no real surprise a top talent hasn't emerged.

There are many female supporters of snooker, i think its a shame that a wealthy one has not thought about investing in a class facility for womens snooker. Unless that happens there will only ever be the odd lady pop up who simply loves the game and has talent that we eventually get to hear about and see, i.e Alison Fisher & Reanne Evans...
                    I am so lucky that the former womens world number 2 lives down the same road as me. She was around the same time as Alison Fisher and she said they had a few good battles! Its a shame she had to retire young due to health reasons but despite that, she gives me a great game and has really helped me develop too. I'd love to see more women in the game, especially the first woman walking into the Crucible. I still feel it may one day happen and hope it does. Meanwhile, its great to see the ladies in the Shoot Out regardless of what I think of that particular tournament!
                    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

People who watch this so called snooker should be ashamed,
                      the event should be banned. And as for women in snooker wanting equality and to be treated the same as the men... Why is it in tennis women play best of 3 sets and men play best of 5 sets? Why isn't that brought into line if the women are comfortable (and willing) to be playing at men's level. And there's more examples too!

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post

I am so lucky that the former womens world number 2 lives down the same road as me. She was around the same time as Alison Fisher and she said they had a few good battles! Its a shame she had to retire young due to health reasons but despite that, she gives me a great game and has really helped me develop too. I'd love to see more women in the game, especially the first woman walking into the Crucible. I still feel it may one day happen and hope it does. Meanwhile, its great to see the ladies in the Shoot Out regardless of what I think of that particular tournament!
                        I can’t remember if I’ve asked you this before but I’ve been racking my brains to think who that women player is you mention ?

Apologies if I’ve forgotten

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I agree, the clubs where I have seen women playing have been the more modern clubs both in facilities and their attitude towards how a club should be run .

Comment

Originally Posted by Markus0101 View Post
                            the event should be banned. And as for women in snooker wanting equality and to be treated the same as the men... Why is it in tennis women play best of 3 sets and men play best of 5 sets? Why isn't that brought into line if the women are comfortable (and willing) to be playing at men's level. And there's more examples too!
                            Ffs, okay, I'll bite. No one talked about tennis or about women's equality. All that's been said is that there is sexism in snooker, at the club etc. Lots of clubs are so male heavy that women get sneered at when they walk in. This is nothing to do with which sex is better at snooker, tennis or any other sport.

Also, I'm going to watch the shoot out and I'm not ashamed. I also watch Judd Trump without shame, who is also on your hit list along with all women.

A little turd like you seems to show up every month or so. Are you all in a little club, or all the same person?

Comment

Originally Posted by Markus0101 View Post
                              Tennis involves physical strength unlike snooker.

Comment

Working...
                              X