Comment

brilliant yellow from a snooker by JW there
      to stay in the game
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        brilliant yellow from a snooker by JW there
        to stay in the game
        Jimmy fought back against Ken Docherty in the Seniors Final , hope he shows the same resolve now . Hendry will want to finish it this frame

Comment

Hendry won, not much more to be said really.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Hendry won, not much more to be said really.
            You're right, so I won't bother.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Will Jimmy get another tour card?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                I listened to Hearn in a podcast the other day and he said that while Jimmy still wants to play he will get a card so the the answer is yes.

Comment

Disappointed for Jimmy , thought he would beat Stephen . Only for the fact that i thought Hendry's safety game against Matt Selt was not quite good enough and Jimmy would be able to capitalize on that .

Hopefully he will get another Tour Card [ i know a number won't agree with that ] but i believe he deserves it for his sheer enthusiasm and love of the game .

Good luck to Stephen in the next round .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

From what I saw of it ,the match looked like a division 1 league night in the local club .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                      Disappointed for Jimmy , thought he would beat Stephen . Only for the fact that i thought Hendry's safety game against Matt Selt was not quite good enough and Jimmy would be able to capitalize on that .

Hopefully he will get another Tour Card [ i know a number won't agree with that ] but i believe he deserves it for his sheer enthusiasm and love of the game .

Good luck to Stephen in the next round .
                      I thought Hendry’s safety game was much better in this match although it wasn’t the reason why he won. I think it just came down to scoring and who held their nerve .
                      Jimmy must be disappointed himself with his performance. It’s a pity as he was starting to show some form lately.

Comment

• Just goes to show after all these years , that pressure still comes into the game . You think that they would be able to play with more freedom , but i suppose that is what sport is all about . Who performs best under pressure and how you harness it to your advantage .

Maybe pride comes into it after being in the game so long , and knowing how you were able to perform in previous years . So this adds to the pressure .
                        Last edited by Neil Taperell; 6 April 2021, 07:15 AM.
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Hendry was pretty much done 18 years ago and spent the last 8 years or so on tour just trying to stay in the top 16 ,why would he be better now in his 50's .Jimmy has slogged on as canon fodder for anyone that wants a game ,but he's playing well in practice .This match just shows why tour cards should not be handed out to anyone unless its a medical exemption requiring a long lay off .just my opinion though .

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                            He’s number 6 on the one year list. With top 8 qualifying his automatic place is hanging by a thread. After that it will be at discretion of Mr Hearn.

Comment

• If you think last nights hendry vs white match was poor then consider all the practice time and experience they have then compare that to lay members of the public who don’t have access or experience of those facilities and yet are somehow meant to be competitive at the q school , the game needs opening up with an entrance fee for all newcomers , let them learn on the job as there isn’t sufficient facilities outside of the wst i don’t think .

Comment

• I think Jimmy put a lot of pressure on himself before this match. I read a BBC article where he said he needed to win this match big time ( his words ). I think given their history he felt he had been still playing competitive match play and Steven hadn't really and probably felt increased pressure from that.

We all know Jimmy doesn't play well when he starts to sweat and feels the pressure. TBH I didn't expect much from it so wasn't disappointed.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X