2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trains View Post

yes but there's probably no way around it trying to minimize early finishes like tonight at only a two table venue ,the cruce itself is a holdover from the 70's I suppose , bit like the guild hall but that's bigger , play it in Preston instead , why not
    I find it hard to believe it couldn't be done a little more logically.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

The Crucible is a perfect venue for World snooker ,your always going to get slow boring matches anywhere ,anyway Higgins looks terrible and could be on the way out .All this bollox from McManus about Higgins cueing half inch nearer the ball etc ,I don’t buy it ,like McGuire he has been tinkering with cues ,Ferrell ,tips etc ,maybe he should just look at his game ,it’s not the cue it’s the idiot behind it .

Comment

View from the table. I was at Sheffield yesterday, watching 2 matches. McGill v Walden first, Anthony looked nervy, as if the expectations were inhibiting him, but he settled down and was playing nicely. Walden started very well, but I always feel like he's got a surprising miss at a key moment in him. If he can avoid that, he's got a chance. Then Higgins v Tiang. They ought to make Tshirts saying 'i survived session one of Higgins v Tiang.! I wouldn't get one as I have to admit to leaving before the end, I wasnt alone either as I counted at least a dozen more. Frame 7 was one of those
        ​​​​where one player was playing ultra cautious and the other just couldn't put anything today. Tiang doesnt look overawed but he broke down too often, Higgins looked out of sorts, making bad choices and missing easy balls. Could be another close one, but if Higgins gets ahead I expect he'll pull through, but he'll need to find his game for round two.

Comment

Originally Posted by Panthersfan View Post
          View from the table. I was at Sheffield yesterday, watching 2 matches. McGill v Walden first, Anthony looked nervy, as if the expectations were inhibiting him, but he settled down and was playing nicely. Walden started very well, but I always feel like he's got a surprising miss at a key moment in him. If he can avoid that, he's got a chance. Then Higgins v Tiang. They ought to make Tshirts saying 'i survived session one of Higgins v Tiang.! I wouldn't get one as I have to admit to leaving before the end, I wasnt alone either as I counted at least a dozen more. Frame 7 was one of those
          ​​​​where one player was playing ultra cautious and the other just couldn't put anything today. Tiang doesnt look overawed but he broke down too often, Higgins looked out of sorts, making bad choices and missing easy balls. Could be another close one, but if Higgins gets ahead I expect he'll pull through, but he'll need to find his game for round two.
          Great first post and welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            This schedule is a bit mad isn't it? Some matches split by just one session, others like Walden v McGill with 4 sessions separating their two halves. Surely they could make things a little more even.

-
            Yeah I thought this myself as well. I expected Walden and McGill to contiue today morning at the latest.

Comment

G Wilson's looking confident and cueing well, Kyren's going to have to pick up the pace. Very nice 129 From Bingham, started with a beautiful opening pot and subtle cannon for position on the black.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Was really hoping Higgins would have started off in devastating form but looks like he will struggle just to get past the first round. I've not had any annual leave from work so far this year and have just had next week off approved so I can watch the snooker.

Did anyone see that women in the audience with the t-shirt "sex, drugs & Snooker"? Sounds like my kind of woman
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                  Was really hoping Higgins would have started off in devastating form but looks like he will struggle just to get past the first round. I've not had any annual leave from work so far this year and have just had next week off approved so I can watch the snooker.

Did anyone see that women in the audience with the t-shirt "sex, drugs & Snooker"? Sounds like my kind of woman
                  Is that the ugly one Mr R?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                    Is that the ugly one Mr R?
                    I couldn't tell, it was dark and she was wearing a mask.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                      I couldn't tell, it was dark and she was wearing a mask.
                      Have you noticed anyone wearing a football top? I thought they had been banned but I was sure I saw one yesterday.

Comment

• Maybe it was covered when they entered the arena. I'm wondering if the woman did that as I would have thought if a tournament official saw her wearing that t-shirt they would have said it needs to be covered up knowing how prudish they can be.
                        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Dings safety game has really dropped over the last couple of years.

Comment

• Thought I'd try the forum again and to my delight I was not told I was Google's 5 trillienth login and I'd won an iPhone 27.

So it's nice to be back - my high break is still 28ish but given that I haven't been near a snooker table for, well it feels like an eternity, that's no surprise really. Can't wait to get practicing next month when they open.

Hope everyone is well and staying safe.
                            Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
                              Thought I'd try the forum again and to my delight I was not told I was Google's 5 trillienth login and I'd won an iPhone 27.

So it's nice to be back - my high break is still 28ish but given that I haven't been near a snooker table for, well it feels like an eternity, that's no surprise really. Can't wait to get practicing next month when they open.

Hope everyone is well and staying safe.
                              Hi Jim, yes the forum's undergoing some updates and improvements, everything's faster and smoother now, so you can forget your tatty IPhone prize, that's been upgraded to...

CONGRATULATIONS!

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Ding 5 - 4 against Bingham. Nice to see Ding doing a ballrun and fluking the black.

Comment

Working...
                                X