No announcement yet.

2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning session that, looked like Garry was going to push on to take a healthy lead but fair dues to Kyren, good little comeback.
    Great to see Ding fighting back as well, nice final black.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Yeah I thought this myself as well. I expected Walden and McGill to contiue today morning at the latest.
      are the splits between first and second sessions longer this year i don't know , at a two table venue the only way it would probably feel more connected is starting the crucible at the last 16 or 2nd round stage but then in come's the wrangling about seeds and draws and messing with precedents

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

are the splits between first and second sessions longer this year i don't know , at a two table venue the only way it would probably feel more connected is starting the crucible at the last 16 or 2nd round stage but then in come's the wrangling about seeds and draws and messing with precedents
        I think the 32 men field for the Crucible is perfect. I just think the scheduling is way off this year a bit. There have been occasions in the past where a pair had to wait 3 sessions for their next one I think, but this year it somehow feels more with McGill/Walden sitting for 4 sessions and Ding/Bingham also for 3.
        Just my feeling though, not sure about it. But if I remember correctly they wouldn't have a session on the third day (as it was this morning) which wouldn't contain a final session.

Comment

• I noticed BBC 4 took the Jamie Jones V Stephen Stephen Maguire match off the the air just as Jamie Jones was making a winning clearance to win the match 10-4 and advance to the last 16, with no apology at all from the presenter Seema Jaswal. she just said you can watch the match on the red button or BBC sports website Surely they could have waited for another minute to show Jamie winning his first round match
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• You don’t see Higgins struggling like this very often.

Comment

• I do wish the commentators on the same match would pronounce the player's name the same way!
              Stubbs "Fay"
              Dale "Fy" (as in stupefy)

:wink:
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I do wish the commentators on the same match would pronounce the player's name the same way!
                Stubbs "Fay"

Dominic Dale commentated on Simon Lichtenberg last year, or the year before. Sounded like an 80 a day smoker trying to clear his throat.

Comment

• Hiw on earth did Tian miss that yellow off it's spot?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Good morning session that, looked like Garry was going to push on to take a healthy lead but fair dues to Kyren, good little comeback.
                    Great to see Ding fighting back as well, nice final black.

-
                    Gary W needed six three I think, I fear his chance has gone now.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Come on John!

First time I've seen Reanne Evans at a match and hope she's in the commentary box as well. She seemed a bit nervous so maybe some time in commentary would make her more relaxed in the studio.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        I do wish the commentators on the same match would pronounce the player's name the same way!
                        Stubbs "Fay"

Yeah, they should discuss it at the start and pick one. Or even better, perhaps they could actually check how it's supposed to be pronounced and do it correctly?

Tian is actually pronounced more like "Tien", if you think of a heavy New Zealand accent. "Peng" seems to be pronounced like "pong" would be in English, and "fei" rhymes with the word "stay".

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Yeah, they should discuss it at the start and pick one. Or even better, perhaps they could actually check how it's supposed to be pronounced and do it correctly?

Tian is actually pronounced more like "Tien", if you think of a heavy New Zealand accent. "Peng" seems to be pronounced like "pong" would be in English, and "fei" rhymes with the word "stay".
                          that is how I have always pronounced his name
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I pronounced only the 2nd part of his last name correctly
                            Last edited by fkhan; 19 April 2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• this is the problem with walden ,i agree with taylor , good to watch but he's too easy with mistakes , of course he didn't say the last part

Comment

• you'd think the bbc would have some etiquette and not have the compere walker commentating the wilson wilson match , was it that much of an ask to get another former player

Comment

Working...
                                X