No announcement yet.

2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world's is delivering great matches and tension from the off. Cross fingers its gonna be an epic Championship.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post
      Glad Jack beat Carter . Carter was a sore loser against Gary Wilson in Sheffield before , wonder what he'll say about losing today ?
      in those bbc interval things when they were talking about mark allen carter said that he doesn't get on with allen but didn't give a reason for it , does anyone know what thats about ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
        What a shambles taking players off and making them wait all evening like two players on a waiting list in a club. The cleaning is important but I'm sure the players would rather get on with it and conclude the match in the allotted sessions than have a crowd. They could have told the crowd to leave so cleaning could have started in the auditorium while Ding and Bingham played the concluding frame.
        i think world snooker are quite keen on sticking to timekeeping and scheduling , when i was in a tournament a few years ago i asked the guy ticking off the names making sure players were in attendance if my match could be moved from the afternoon to the evening , his look and response back to me was like a combination of him being slightly assaulted and thinking i was a bit funny in the head , maybe he got half of that right i don't know !!

Comment

• First round matches are scheduled to conclude over two sessions and this hasn't happened in two matches so far. I didn't get to see Higgins cross the line because I had no idea when it was being played. Virgo said it would be played on the next available table after the evening matches so that was several hours wait for them when they could have made other plans. Win or lose I doubt they will have been prepared to stay all evening and that looks evident with the way Stuart Bingham reacted. For the sake of one frame the powers that be were taking them off. Stuart wanted to get it over with and it looks like Ding did as well so they need to learn from this and maybe ask the players if they wish to play on while cleaning is taking place. We all know what they would say.

Matches that overrun to the point where they are playing a session that wasn't scheduled is not good scheduling and an insult to these world class players. It sounds like I'm ranting I'm not I'm just annoyed I missed John Higgins get through and how Ding and Stuart were taken off when it looked like the deciding frame was going to be a fast affair. It's like the crowd is more important than the matches.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Completely agree about Eurosport compared to the BBC. I feel the ES commentary is much more modern along with the format. The only commentator I would have on ES from the BBC would be Hendry and possibly McManus .
            Hamilton definitely adds another dimension with him being a current tour player. I listened to him on the Table Talk podcast recently and he was excellent and very knowledgable and likeable.
            His delivery isn’t great at the moment as a commentator but I guess that will improve with experience . That’s just my personal opinion of course .

On a separate note ,not long before Frames reopens Neil . Are you going to be booking a table on opening day ?
            Dale's fantastic, thoroughly enjoying his commentary.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Sorry to hear that Neil , I hope that your eye clears up and you get your mojo back .
              If I see you down there I’ll buy you a beer , that’s if I can work out what one is you in that photo on your avatar

You don’ know what I look like so it’ll be a surprise
              I will most certainly be having a drink in there though !
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

The thing i like about Eurosport is that the commentary is so refreshing , whereas the BBC are frightened to say anything out of the norm . Eurosport is so much more fun to listen to , love listening to the former/current tour pro's ........but i am biased for Anthony Hamilton .....as he is my favourite player .
                He knows the players and adds to the commentary due to this .........I like the line about Mark Davis yersterday ......Commentator said something about ' with a bit of luck he might win the top break prize ' .......Hamilton replied with ' Dont mention MD and luck , as according to him he his the unluckiest player on tour ' ............. You wouldn't get that sort of thing with the BBC as the majority don't have any relationship with current players .
                Even Foulds & White in the studio make the analysis light hearted by also with a serious side when needed .
                Eurosport all the way for me .......
                • I'm a Eurosport commentary and punditry fan too, the BBC have a habit of getting stuck in time. Although i've really loved people like John Virgo and Steve Davis's commentary in years gone by, but feel they have little left to give to the game and become repetitive. I'm fairly certain Davis doesn't really give a stuff about snooker much these days but appreciates the job while it's there. Him and Taylor have extended their careers very worthily due to the popularity of the 85 final, but it is time to move on, younger fans can't relate to that. I'm glad though that the BBC still operate in that way for the many older viewers who love their memories, and for them it must feel like a comfortable old chair. Hendry is now really the only one I like to listen too now and again, but he does have a mantra that he repeats over and over, it's a very good one but you can get tired of hearing it, " impose authority on the match, split the pack, clear up and win the frame in one visit"!!

Great to see Eurosport giving opportunities to different tour stars, that bring new perspectives and insights into the game
                Last edited by Cue crafty; 21 April 2021, 07:21 AM.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^ That's exactly right , and worded far better than me ! ...........Perspectives & Insights ..........is John Parrot on the BBC analysis/commentary team still ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    • I'm a Eurosport commentary and punditry fan too, the BBC have a habit of getting stuck in time. Although i've really loved people like John Virgo and Steve Davis's commentary in years gone by, but feel they have little left to give to the game and become repetitive. I'm fairly certain Davis doesn't really give a stuff about snooker much these days but appreciates the job while it's there. Him and Taylor have extended their careers very worthily due to the popularity of the 85 final, but it is time to move on, younger fans can't relate to that. I'm glad though that the BBC still operate in that way for the many older viewers who love their memories, and for them it must feel like a comfortable old chair. Hendry is now really the only one I like to listen too now and again, but he does have a mantra that he repeats over and over, it's a very good one but you can get tired of hearing it, " impose authority on the match, split the pack, clear up and win the frame in one visit"!!

Great to see Eurosport giving opportunities to different tour stars, that bring new perspectives and insights into the game
                    You forgot ‘he missed that because he decelerated ‘

Comment

• Mark Davis going to be kicking himself that he is only 5-4 up at the end of the first session . Should easily be 6-3 or 7-2 .

Hopefully he can push on in the 2nd session .

Comment

.Perspectives & Insights ..........is John Parrot on the BBC analysis/commentary team still ?
                        Last time I looked yes, I'm afraid so. He has added some value down the years but his "Cor what!" Hyperbol has worn a bit thin for me personally.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Mark Davis going to be kicking himself that he is only 5-4 up at the end of the first session . Should easily be 6-3 or 7-2 .

Hopefully he can push on in the 2nd session .
                          Agree , he should have a 5 frame lead probably. He looked disappointed at the end of the session while Murphy looked relieved

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Uw4wU9f959w
                            Ronnie O'SULLIVAN Recovery Mode!!! Betfred World Championship 2021

Comment

• I'm gutted for Junhui. Another early exit in the crucible, another close loss. It's so frustrating watching this extraordinary talent just don't getting his act together in Sheffield - and recently very rarely generally.
                              I really think he should take a less risky approach once again. Too often he just seems to think, let's try if this works and doesn't care too much that chance is big he might leave a chance for his opponent. I also get the feeling that he won't play much longer and might be one player who will end his career sooner than usual in the game.

Comment

• Selby put in a better performance than I expected today, 97% pot success 75% long pot success including a 142. Not much resistance from Maflin, but to be fair he didn't get that many decent opportunities. Looking like Selby v Allen now, should be a good match. Looks like Williams v Higgins now as well.

The juices are starting to flow now, looking at some of these 2nd round/potential matches.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X