Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I can’t CC as I’m not as old as you

No denying Hamilton is a top bloke and I hope things work out for him on the commentating front .
    He’s better than some of the BBC commentators already !
    The thing i like about Eurosport is that the commentary is so refreshing , whereas the BBC are frightened to say anything out of the norm . Eurosport is so much more fun to listen to , love listening to the former/current tour pro's ........but i am biased for Anthony Hamilton .....as he is my favourite player .
    He knows the players and adds to the commentary due to this .........I like the line about Mark Davis yersterday ......Commentator said something about ' with a bit of luck he might win the top break prize ' .......Hamilton replied with ' Dont mention MD and luck , as according to him he his the unluckiest player on tour ' ............. You wouldn't get that sort of thing with the BBC as the majority don't have any relationship with current players .
    Even Foulds & White in the studio make the analysis light hearted by also with a serious side when needed .
    Eurosport all the way for me .......
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• reanne's a good christian girl , good to see

Comment

• walker's back again for the allen haotian match , oh the joy , lisowski vs carter to a finish so i'll stick to that while i can

Comment

• lovely 139 TC from Allen in Frame 1 - bodes well for a cracking match
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Lisowski - Carter is the best match by far of what I've seen so far.
            This had decider written over it for a long time already.

Comment

• Houdini Higgins, Looked good in last 3 frames, earlier I thought he was toast, hope it's a sign of good things for rest of champs. cracking match with AC and JL very tight.
              Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I can’t CC as I’m not as old as you

No denying Hamilton is a top bloke and I hope things work out for him on the commentating front .
                He’s better than some of the BBC commentators already !
                I'm in my prime

Last edited by Cue crafty; 20 April 2021, 01:07 PM.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  Lisowski - Carter is the best match by far of what I've seen so far.
                  This had decider written over it for a long time already.
                  Yes, first decider of many, hopefully. I thought Jack may have blown it after losing position off the 10th red in the green pocket, bit sloppy that. But carter overshooting position on the black saved his bacon, lucky Jack.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Glad Jack beat Carter . Carter was a sore loser against Gary Wilson in Sheffield before , wonder what he'll say about losing today ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

The thing i like about Eurosport is that the commentary is so refreshing , whereas the BBC are frightened to say anything out of the norm . Eurosport is so much more fun to listen to , love listening to the former/current tour pro's ........but i am biased for Anthony Hamilton .....as he is my favourite player .
                      He knows the players and adds to the commentary due to this .........I like the line about Mark Davis yersterday ......Commentator said something about ' with a bit of luck he might win the top break prize ' .......Hamilton replied with ' Dont mention MD and luck , as according to him he his the unluckiest player on tour ' ............. You wouldn't get that sort of thing with the BBC as the majority don't have any relationship with current players .
                      Even Foulds & White in the studio make the analysis light hearted by also with a serious side when needed .
                      Completely agree about Eurosport compared to the BBC. I feel the ES commentary is much more modern along with the format. The only commentator I would have on ES from the BBC would be Hendry and possibly McManus .
                      Hamilton definitely adds another dimension with him being a current tour player. I listened to him on the Table Talk podcast recently and he was excellent and very knowledgable and likeable.
                      His delivery isn’t great at the moment as a commentator but I guess that will improve with experience . That’s just my personal opinion of course .

On a separate note ,not long before Frames reopens Neil . Are you going to be booking a table on opening day ?
                      Last edited by Starsky; 20 April 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• No mate , can’t be bothered to play just yet . Got blur in my right eye , that isn’t going away . I’m not entirely sure that I will play again ........ no motivation at the moment
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No mate , can’t be bothered to play just yet . Got blur in my right eye , that isn’t going away . I’m not entirely sure that I will play again ........ no motivation at the moment
                          Sorry to hear that Neil , I hope that your eye clears up and you get your mojo back .
                          If I see you down there I’ll buy you a beer , that’s if I can work out what one is you in that photo on your avatar

You don’ know what I look like so it’ll be a surprise
                          Last edited by Starsky; 20 April 2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• What a shambles taking players off and making them wait all evening like two players on a waiting list in a club. The cleaning is important but I'm sure the players would rather get on with it and conclude the match in the allotted sessions than have a crowd. They could have told the crowd to leave so cleaning could have started in the auditorium while Ding and Bingham played the concluding frame.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

quite the opposite for me i'm afraid, only eurosport if it's not on the bbc.
                              i need hendry davis taylor virgo and of course hazel

Comment

• Well done Bingham , great match .

Comment

Working...
                                X