2021 World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Great performance from Igor to beat Hendry 4-1. First time I’ve seen him play properly and he looks very solid. Hendry looked good in parts but too many loose shots. He also doesn’t seem prepared to change his game a little bit and play slightly tighter match play. Tbh that’s the only way I can really see him making any impact, but it’s not really in his dna is it...

I wonder how long he will continue before the frustration of not being able to play like he used to gets the better of him?!?
    I think he'll enter quite a lot and see how his form is next April/May before the world championships. Can't see him entering again without drastic improvements.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

He looked very frustrated didn’t he ....I can understand how he feels!

The pro tour players have a big advantage in this comp over the non pro’s and I include Hendry as a non pro even with his ticket .
      Igor will be one of the favourites for sure and I hope he does well as he has sacrificed a lot family wise.
      Yes agree mate, he seems like a decent guy. Amazing that he has only been playing on full size tables since 2010. I wonder if he played pool or just only had access to smaller snooker tables in his home country. Certainly looks like a snooker player set up wise.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yes agree mate, he seems like a decent guy. Amazing that he has only been playing on full size tables since 2010. I wonder if he played pool or just only had access to smaller snooker tables in his home country. Certainly looks like a snooker player set up wise.
        They a good question regarding where his interest stems from as there is hardly any interest in his home country .

He likes a kebab after his matches by the sounds of it which is something different from the current trend of running 30 miles a day
        Last edited by Starsky; 8 May 2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

One of the commentators said Igor was used to playing snooker on 10 ft tables with very slow cloths. Because of the slow cloths he has a tendency to hit the cue ball a lot harder than is necessary. I can empathise with that. 99% of the time I play on the normal club tables but in the very few occasions I get to play on the match table I find it hard to adjust.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            One of the commentators said Igor was used to playing snooker on 10 ft tables with very slow cloths. Because of the slow cloths he has a tendency to hit the cue ball a lot harder than is necessary. I can empathise with that. 99% of the time I play on the normal club tables but in the very few occasions I get to play on the match table I find it hard to adjust.
            Thanks Nifty , he's done very well adjusting and sounds like he has put a lot of graft in to get there.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I like Mike Dunn in the commentary box, good insight and he's a funny guy. Nice hearing him confirm Jimmy is actually using his old cue, it's the one Alex sold him a classic custom from Michael Dunham. He's played some great snooker with that cue including in his match with Kirk Stevens at the Masters. We all remember the fizzing banana shots!
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I missed the White v Morgan game . Looking at the score it seems it was one sided , was that the case ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                  I missed the White v Morgan game . Looking at the score it seems it was one sided , was that the case ?
                  There was a couple of frames which Jimmy “stole”. Was a lot closer than score suggests. Darren played well I thought. Beat his own high break of 112 with a 134.

Comment

Thanks Nifty

Comment

What is the white bit of tape on Jimmy's for, is it holding it together
                      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Ok, I haven’t seen any of the Seniors at all... just sat down now to eat a sandwich while watching Igor V Jimmy. You can clearly see the pockets have an under cut on the nose of the rubber!!

Essentially the pockets are now BiGgER and will accept hard shots easier... shocking

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                          What is the white bit of tape on Jimmy's for, is it holding it together
                          As i heard yesterday, that is actually the joint.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

As i heard yesterday, that is actually the joint.
                            Yes, I believe he's back using his old 3/4 cue with the white joint

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                              Ok, I haven’t seen any of the Seniors at all... just sat down now to eat a sandwich while watching Igor V Jimmy. You can clearly see the pockets have an under cut on the nose of the rubber!!

Essentially the pockets are now BiGgER and will accept hard shots easier... shocking
                              Yes mate I noticed that straight away ,it was the same last year too ,even the middles are fooking undercut to hell ,that isn't even the right way to cut pockets any more .These players probably ned all the help they can get .

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

Yes, I believe he's back using his old 3/4 cue with the white joint
                                is it a new one based on his old early 80's cue ,or the original .

Comment

Working...
                                X