Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

Apparently a Security Guard stepped in to prevent any further issues .

Will be interesting to see if it's just a storm in a teacup or if there will be some form of fine or ban .
    Did they play each other and this happened or was it away from the table ?
    Snooker needs a bit more of this stuff to liven things up a bit and to create more rivalries .

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Snooker needs a bit more of this stuff to liven things up a bit and to create more rivalries .
      Supposedly it was about a replaced ball incorrectly during the match and then words in the players' lounge.
      After reading the articles, why did Xiao make a compliant to WCBS? They are the non-professional arm of the CueSports committee?
      WPBSA - P = Professional :shrug:

https://www.livesnooker.com/major-ra...t-peter-lines/
      Last edited by DeanH; 31 August 2021, 08:57 AM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

After the match , i'm not sure Snooker needs this kind of rivalry though . Threats of violence would be a serious offence .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Bit surprising. They both come across as being nice lads. Scrapping outside is just childish and moronic.

Comment

Is Peter anything like that in real life? Any such examples that people here have witnessed or learned of earlier?

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

After the match , i'm not sure Snooker needs this kind of rivalry though . Threats of violence would be a serious offence .
              Thanks Neil , I was only having a bit a joke which could possibly have been in bad taste

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Supposedly it was about a replaced ball incorrectly during the match and then words in the players' lounge.
                After reading the articles, why did Xiao make a compliant to WCBS? They are the non-professional arm of the CueSports committee?
                WPBSA - P = Professional :shrug:

https://www.livesnooker.com/major-ra...t-peter-lines/
                That is strange Dean, thanks for the info and link .

Personally I don’t mind seeing a bit of disagreement between players as it adds something to when they play in the future.
                As Neil pointed out elsewhere maybe threatening physical violence is a bit too far .

Comment

[QUOTE=Starsky;n1012731]

That is strange Dean, thanks for the info and link .

Personally I don

Comment

"As Neil pointed out elsewhere maybe threatening physical violence is a bit too far" Alex Higgins threatened Dennis Taylor with having
                    him shot !

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                      "As Neil pointed out elsewhere maybe threatening physical violence is a bit too far" Alex Higgins threatened Dennis Taylor with having
                      him shot !
                      Yeah that was a good one Taylor milked that for ages

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                        him shot !
                        While playing in the same team

Comment

While playing in the same team
                          Yes I remember that Taylor wanted to play the last frame and Higgins disagreed ,this had been boiling over before the event when Taylor got the captaincy.Unfortunately for Alex he would always be in the wrong due to his previous exploits ,so he was always on a hiding to nothing even if he was right .Think they played at the Irish masters soon after ,that split the crowd Right down the middle .What a grudge match ,bit like Allen and Evans ,snooker needs these tiffs ,it sometimes seems so sterile these days .

Comment

Yeah , all good plot lines need a few villains true enough , snooker needs characters too i.e. Mark Williams when he is in the mood to have a bit of a laugh

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Yeah that was a good one Taylor milked that for ages
                              Taylor should have thanked him, it made him more interesting.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Taylor should have thanked him, it made him more interesting.
                                it certainly did ,now we know Alex was the cause of most of the trouble in his time ,but Taylor was not always the loveable gent he made out to be ,I remember the interview at Goffs in Ireland before the match ,Dennis said Alex said some terrible things about his mother too in that I’ll have you shot statement ,but he said I don’t want to go in to it ,then why mention it ? Anyway snooker needs more controversial moments ,be great to see Quinton Hann back ,that guy was a seriously disturbed full on mental case

Comment

Working...
                                X