BetVictor English Open 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Does anybody know why they changed the main draw of the Home Nation Series events from a 128 player field to a 64 field?

If they changed already that why didn't they also go for Best-of-9-matches in the early competition rounds?

Would have been a good opportunity.
    ​​​​​​
    Some of these home nations qualifiers so far this season have finished past ten p.m. british time so scheduling may be a reason why they’re only best of sevens , also it could be a marketing reason to keep snooker broadcasted to only have two tables and eight matches a day so in total including the main event this tournament stretches to thirteen days , longer than previously , personally i dont mind the changes its fine with me.

Comment

I don't think we'll see best-of-9 matches again in any of these ranking events, at least not outside of China. If you're looking for reasons, there are no good ones. It's a ****ing travesty if you ask me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        I don't think we'll see best-of-9 matches again in any of these ranking events, at least not outside of China. If you're looking for reasons, there are no good ones. It's a ****ing travesty if you ask me.
        i don't know maybe the psychology would have been different with 9 frames but i was watching the gould vs higginson match and when gould was making it 4 - 0 i don't think the most keen optimist could have seen higginson coming back , and in this match now between burns and donaldson its going to the final 7th frame , a viewer is getting their tension there , not much to complain about for me in all honesty.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

​​​​​​
          Some of these home nations qualifiers so far this season have finished past ten p.m. british time so scheduling may be a reason why they’re only best of sevens , also it could be a marketing reason to keep snooker broadcasted to only have two tables and eight matches a day so in total including the main event this tournament stretches to thirteen days , longer than previously , personally i dont mind the changes its fine with me.
          I will never like short matches but I can see the scheduling point. If they went to the best of nine, it would mean a mid sesssion interval and that adds even more time to the day.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Great win eventually for SD, pegged back to 3-3 from 3-1 up he wins 4-3 on the last black, was a good match to be fair.

Comment

what a terrible green by burns he knocked the black open , and Odrl the last match of the evening decided on the black i rest my case your honour !

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Great win eventually for SD, pegged back to 3-3 from 3-1 up he wins 4-3 on the last black, was a good match to be fair.
                Bit lucky but TBF I didn’t think Scott got a fair run of the balls. Mind you his safety game was terrible. Ian played some good safety.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                  what a terrible green by burns he knocked the black open , and Odrl the last match of the evening decided on the black i rest my case your honour !
                  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Frazz playing this morning 2 nil up.

Comment

3-0 now, come on FP!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                        Frazz playing this morning 2 nil up.
                        well done Frazz
                        4-1
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good win for Hendry, Michael White has really dropped off, I seem to remember him as being quite good a few years back.

Comment

Brilliant stuff Fraser ......great win . Onwards and upwards
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

This win should do hendry’s tour survival chances via the one year ranking list some good , gerard greene last season barely won any matches outside the silly shoot out , best of three’s pro series , the opening round of the uk championship and the opening round of the crucible qualifiers to get the last one year list place so unless it gets crowded down there he might have a decent chance of surviving via that route.

Comment

The main event starts so late. Don't know why.

Comment

Working...
                                X