No announcement yet.

German Masters Qualifiers 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy probably deserves the free ride on the circuit more than some , after all people like watching him and he's done quite a bit for the game .That Evans women is not good enough to play on merit with the blokes .Still the question is should anyone have a free pass , is it the system thats wrong .Cant blame either of them for accepting it though .

Comment

White’s and evans invitational tour cards are almost irrelevant to me when you see someone like gerard greene only winning 3 matches of more than four frames all of last season yet that was good enough to get him the final two year tour place for 21/22 and 22/23 , just give more places to q school entrants , wst should be grateful to be getting their grand q school entry fee’s in the first place.

https://cuetracker.net/players/gerar...alifier,6-reds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E...snooker_season

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
        Jimmy probably deserves the free ride on the circuit more than some , after all people like watching him and he's done quite a bit for the game .That Evans women is not good enough to play on merit with the blokes .Still the question is should anyone have a free pass , is it the system thats wrong .Cant blame either of them for accepting it though .
        I could be wrong but as far as I was aware Reanne Evans card is not a free card like Jimmy’s. It’s been given for qualifying through the women’s tour.
        Yes the standard isn’t as high at the moment as the men’s but that’s just down to numbers playing the game.

Comment

evans is just an invitational card , there isn't a qualification route via the womens tour , evans hardly winning matches is kind of a wash because most lower ranked men don't win many matches either.
          i take that back i didn't even remember my own link yes evans and on yee have been given two year cards from the womens tour but that wasn't the case the previous year there were no women on tour in the 20/21 season.
          Last edited by trains; 24 October 2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Evans and On Yee all a bit of interest to the game , admittedly they would probably never have got there via Q School route but it can bring girls to take an interest in the game . Whos not to say that a girl could get up to a standard to beat the guts on a regular basis some time in the future. and get there on merit alone.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
              Evans and On Yee all a bit of interest to the game , admittedly they would probably never have got there via Q School route but it can bring girls to take an interest in the game . Whos not to say that a girl could get up to a standard to beat the guts on a regular basis some time in the future. and get there on merit alone.
              I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen ,Snooker like darts there really isn't any reason why the women are not good enough ,but their just not

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen ,Snooker like darts there really isn't any reason why the women are not good enough ,but their just not
                i'm not waiting or expecting any woman to be the next ronnie but conceivably there's no reason you can't get a seasoned 20 year on tour player like matthew stevens or martin gould type player from the ladies on the tour.

Comment

get in there doherty , stevens and doherty in , ( just ) cao yupeng , david lilley and jak jones for a 106/1 five fold for me.

Comment

After Higgins and Bingham also Ding misses to qualify for the main event.

Comment

• Good win for the amateur stand-in John Astley, but I really felt for Holt, his "Yeah, well played" at the end of the match sounded so resigned.
                      Next time Hitman.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• just checked barry pinches beat jamie jones , and he beat lisowski in the british open , pretty good , its a bit lame i think to bemoan a player like this regaining his tour place from the q school i mean the bloke has 30 years experience do you think its a doddle playing him haha

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                          just checked barry pinches beat jamie jones , and he beat lisowski in the british open , pretty good , its a bit lame i think to bemoan a player like this regaining his tour place from the q school i mean the bloke has 30 years experience do you think its a doddle playing him haha
                          Yeah, fair play to Barry. I read an interview with him not long ago, where he said basically the same, that it is just hard to qualify for the main tour and people should stop complaining about young guys not getting through, cause you need to deserve it.
                          Which he is right about. I just would like to see a few more young guys, but if they are not good enough, this is just the way it is. The problem here is probably to get them better options already as young players to make their breakthrough earlier. But Snooker is a game that requires quite a lot of experience.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Yeah, fair play to Barry. I read an interview with him not long ago, where he said basically the same, that it is just hard to qualify for the main tour and people should stop complaining about young guys not getting through, cause you need to deserve it.
                            Which he is right about. I just would like to see a few more young guys, but if they are not good enough, this is just the way it is. The problem here is probably to get them better options already as young players to make their breakthrough earlier. But Snooker is a game that requires quite a lot of experience.
                            yes i asked paul collier once why weren't there more pro - ams or ptc's to give new players more experience , he said they were working on it and there was some sponsorship issue , i think also the new wpbsa q tour is a little too exclusive as well as its full of players with vast experience like rod lawler paul davison david lilley and michael white , there should be more experience opportunities for other players as right now it almost seems you have to be related to a current or former player , or chinese.

Comment

• To take snooker as a career is a very bold decision. Only a tiny percentage of us mere mortals make it. No harm in trying but there must be a backup plan too.
                              Last edited by fkhan; 25 October 2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

my view on pro snooker is probably slightly different to yours i don't know , the carter ding and gould matches you mentioned there have very little appeal to me , there all established pro's all without danger of losing their place on tour , been doing it for the best part of 20 years slightly more or less , matches now like hawkins vs georgiou now or robertson vs patrick and brown vs michael white are more interesting to me as these lesser established players are fighting for their tour card , each to their own of course.
                                I think there are many reasons to watch snooker, not least that it's simply a fascinating games. I'm especially looking for the important and close matches. I don't see much of the qualifiers for example (except some of the World Championship), only look at the results mainly, cause I have other interests beside Snooker as well (maybe the reason why I'm still such a lousy player).
                                I chose those matches (Hawkins vs. Georgiou was interesting as well, but at that point I was just looking at first rounders), cause I thought it's either two good players against each other or in case of Gould - Stevens it would be interesting where their game is now.

Robertson - Patrick I was afraid would be very one-sided, so that for example was not one of the matches I'd maybe recommend somebody else.

Comment

Working...
                                X