German Masters Qualifiers 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Yeah, fair play to Barry. I read an interview with him not long ago, where he said basically the same, that it is just hard to qualify for the main tour and people should stop complaining about young guys not getting through, cause you need to deserve it.
    Which he is right about. I just would like to see a few more young guys, but if they are not good enough, this is just the way it is. The problem here is probably to get them better options already as young players to make their breakthrough earlier. But Snooker is a game that requires quite a lot of experience.
    Said and done... https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/.../barry-pinches (Barry had to play his son Luke at Q-School, his most difficult match ever, he said)

Comment

• ROS is out. 5-0 lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        ROS is out. 5-0 lol.
        the funny thing is vafaei might not even qualify , he'd be favourite tomorrow but by no means a sure fire thing that he'd beat either higginson or hallworth.

Comment

• isn't that poster neuronic german ? he probably won't be too happy haha

Comment

• Iranian you say? Well, e'ran riot all over Ronnie tonight, that's for sure. Brisk breaks of 52, 50, 81,141 and 64 from Vafaei, plus Ronnie doing a very passable impersonation of Quinten Hann with his final break off, made for a very entertaining 61 minutes.

If you missed it, you can watch it in full here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUC3jHz4s8k

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
              just checked barry pinches beat jamie jones , and he beat lisowski in the british open , pretty good , its a bit lame i think to bemoan a player like this regaining his tour place from the q school i mean the bloke has 30 years experience do you think its a doddle playing him haha
              Full of admiration for Pinches, went to cue school and proved he deserved a place. No hanging around for a freebie for him, won his right to be where he is fair and square.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Full of admiration for Pinches, went to cue school and proved he deserved a place. No hanging around for a freebie for him, won his right to be where he is fair and square.
                This how it should be ,you play if your good enough .

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Iranian you say? Well, e'ran riot all over Ronnie tonight, that's for sure.
                  That's just horrible.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                    ROS is out. 5-0 lol.
                    I thought Vafaei would have his chances, but I didn't expect a whitewash.

Vafaei is a player, who always can put together a brilliant run on a good day, so he is a danger for everybody. What he is still missing and this is what is a decisive factor to separate the elite from the good players is the consistency of performing on a high level.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                      isn't that poster neuronic german ? he probably won't be too happy haha

Yup, I'm totally germanic... from head to toe, a lovely breed of some saxon and carolingian genes... "blond und blauäugig", as we say

I'm quite happy for Vafaei, actually, I tend to root for the underdog in most snooker matches. And I'm not much of a ROS fanyboy anyway, so... hooray for Hossein!
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

That's just horrible.
                        Yeah, sorry about that one.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

i agree but the only thing i'd say about that is that he knows he's on to a good thing entering q school with all his experience , just like mcleod peter lines alfie burden etc who've been around forever with a forever amount of that word experience , there isn't many places to replicate those conditions ( somehow i get blowback on that i don't know why ) so they have a distinct advantage above most other q school entrants.and somehow youngsters are half expected to beat them because they're younger , bit silly really.

Comment

• Get riid of of table heaters and superfine cloths that only only last 6 weeks and bridge the gap between tv and club conditions ,it’s not hard to do , the game was still played to a decent standard in the 80’s and early 90’s . I know we’re going down the same old road but if you can play the game you can play on anything .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                              Get riid of of table heaters and superfine cloths that only only last 6 weeks and bridge the gap between tv and club conditions ,it’s not hard to do , the game was still played to a decent standard in the 80’s and early 90’s . I know we’re going down the same old road but if you can play the game you can play on anything .
                              fair enough , for my sins when i practised a lot i was a bit too insular and didn't ask didn't seek and thought i could just get around it remotely so to speak in hurricane clubs , you can't , i dont mind though , the next time i practise a bit i know i'll be closer to scratch , still wish they had more pro - ams though , i know you get decent ones around the midlands but i dont see why wst cant put on the real thing somewhere up there , milton keynes , preston etc , no hurry for me though , all reasonably good.

Comment

• More table manerfactures need to be involved in the game , slightly different conditions need to be introduced , look at all the pro’s knocking in 147 breaks every week , but these guys are not really capable of winning tournaments ,Un noo is a perfect recent example of that and there are loads like him .People roll out the old chestnut of Stephen Hendry played in a weak era ,that’s bollox ,said by people that know feck all ,if anything this is a weak era now .Selby , Allen ,Trump are probably the only guys capable of winning anything now apart from O’Sullivan ,Higgins ,Williams (the guys from 25 years ago) .Why are three men over 45 still winning and getting to finals if the game is in such a good place . The pro game needs a shake up I reckon ,conditions are too easy ,and only the real top guys get to play on those conditions every day .

Comment

Working...
                                X