2021 Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    I am wondering where Steve Davis is nowadays. I haven't seen him doing the punditry for the past few months. I have not seen the BBC and ITV4 broadcasts. Has he been on there?
    No, haven't seen him for a while, probably out 'dropping beats' at raves knowing Steve.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I am wondering where Steve Davis is nowadays. I haven't seen him doing the punditry for the past few months. I have not seen the BBC and ITV4 broadcasts. Has he been on there?
      He still works on the BBC tournies as far as I recall. But there’s only three of them now so we go a long time without seeing him. He’s never worked on the ITV and Eurosport ones.

We’ll find out in a week’s time
      Last edited by Billy; 21 November 2021, 02:46 AM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Would of preferred Yan to play Judd, would pose a different challenge to Judd I think. Reckon Higgins will get walloped 10-4 or 10-5 but hope I'm wrong. Can't stand that arrogant #### Trump.

Comment

As others have said he only does the BBC events, so you will see him the UK Champs soon; but mainly he is concentrating on "his music" (if you can call it that?!?!) and doing DJ-sets at "raves".
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Markus0101 View Post
            Would of preferred Yan to play Judd, would pose a different challenge to Judd I think. Reckon Higgins will get walloped 10-4 or 10-5 but hope I'm wrong. Can't stand that arrogant #### Trump.
            You need that ultra confidence in yourself if you're to perform at the highest level. I'd rather have arrogance than false modesty and Judd knows he's a great player, his shot making, break building and tournament success prove it, and he doesn't resort to gamesmanship, stands toe to toe with his opponents and is basically honest when he loses and when he wins.
            I like the bloke myself, great to watch and tells it like it is. Needs to admit to his hairloss though and simply accept it, yes he's only 32 and it's hard at that age but he could end up like Jimmy if he isn't careful, once you put one on you can't take it off, the ridicule would be too much to bear
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I don't mind Judd, he is great to watch when on form and a bit of arrogance is OK, if you can also walk the walk, which he certainly can. I just wish he'd cut out those ridiculous shot choices he still comes up with from time to time, but most of all, drop that frumpy schoolgirl thing he does when it's not going his way, it's soooo wet.

It's a shame the semis weren't the other way around, giving the old guy a bit more of a rest, but that's the way it goes and If John got some sleep, we should have a great match.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Does Trump still have his brother Jack working with him ? haven't heard mention of him for a while

Comment

• Perhaps a question better aimed at Mr Yates, but this frame has got me wondering. Does anyone happen to know what the highest overall score in a televised frame is? Has there ever been a 200+ final score? For instance 54 points in fouls, no reds down, followed by a maximum.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I really like those frames like the second, when the reds are all over the place and especially also in the upper half of the table.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Perhaps a question better aimed at Mr Yates, but this frame has got me wondering. Does anyone happen to know what the highest overall score in a televised frame is? Has there ever been a 200+ final score? For instance 54 points in fouls, no reds down, followed by a maximum.
                      Don't know if this is still the record, but via snooker.org:

Most points scored in a single frame was 192. Peter Lines (England) won 108-84 in a frame versus Dominic Dale (Wales) in the fourth round of the 2012 Wuxi Classic qualifiers. Dale conceded 14 fouls (value 60) to Lines' 8 (36).

Comment

• Frame 3-When Judd went in-off the red to the green pocket, could he have played it with a trace of top left or right hand side to avoid it?
                        Last edited by fkhan; 21 November 2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                          Does Trump still have his brother Jack working with him ? haven't heard mention of him for a while
                          He’s there watching!

Comment

• Not loking too good for the old guy here, the young pup's starting to run rings round him.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Yeah , Trump is starting to get into his stride , John needs to rein in a few frames

Comment

• Looks like a new title to add to the CV for the ace tonight unless the wizard can draw a few tricks from his hat.

Comment

Working...
                                X