BetVictor Scottish Open 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post

I'm kind of ambivalent to the Hendry and White wild cards. What I really hate is in theory having a top 64 get a card and then ending up with fields of 128 players. Have the top 64 of the two year official rankings. Add 8-16 for the best that year not already qualified, add 8-16from Q-school. and then add another 8-16 from various sources like top amateur, top junior, top Asian tour player, etc. to get to 96. And THAT'S IT. Nobody else can appear in a tour event other than qualifying for the world championships. Players ranked 33-96 would play QR1 and the 32 winners would join seeds 1-32 in a proper R1 with 64 players.

If players pull out you just have a walkover. It really isn't that big of a deal. When it happens in tennis nobody cries about it.
    the thing i suspect is that outside of the chinese billiards and snooker association cbsa new entrants onto the pro tour a lot of those other sources of players won't have the background strength to enable them to have a respectable chance of tour survival , as i'm typing this pang junxu is playing iulian boiko , boiko was runner up in the world snooker federation open which is a hand - me - down tour entry event from the european snooker and billiards qualifying event , its 3 -0 to junxu now and is anyone surprised ? european new players are weaker because there isn't much of an amateur game in europe compared to china .

i'm ok with the current set up but the system is crying out for more facilities for amateur players to play in conditions replicating pro conditions , players like fraser patrick , hammad miah , james cahill , michael white and ross muir are strong q school players because they've had plenty of experience on the pro tour and as top up players and are difficult to beat because of it , other european players wont break their bubble unless there's some system respectably rivalling the chinese amateur system or else it will just be these same players and more new chinese on the tour , what good aesthetically or visually does anthony hamilton or nigel bond do for the game ? people like to see new players even if they're not tournament winning ready yet.
    Last edited by trains; 7 December 2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

ROS v Michael: How did the ref/marker reverse the 4 points for the foul by Michael? I think the player should not have a say.

Comment

All over in 37 mins, 4-0. Is that a record??

Poor Michael.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          All over in 37 mins, 4-0. Is that a record??

Poor Michael.
          9 minutes a frame, bit sluggish for Ronnie isn't it? Georgiou scored 3 points in the match.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            9 minutes a frame, bit sluggish for Ronnie isn't it? Georgiou scored 3 points in the match.

-
            Apparently that pleasure just cost Michael over £300 in expenses with no pay for first round loss!
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Interesting interview with Ronnie after the match and I tend to agree with everything he said .

Comment

Apparently that pleasure just cost Michael over £300 in expenses with no pay for first round loss!
                He got 3g according to snooker.org.

"Round 1
                (Last 64; Losers receive £3,000)
                "
                -
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

What do you think? Did Jan miss a trick there?

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

He got 3g according to snooker.org.

-
                    Hmmm I'm sure we will no doubt hear more about this after Ronnies outburst! Can we call that an outburst? Anyhoo.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hmmm I'm sure we will no doubt hear more about this after Ronnies outburst! Can we call that an outburst? Anyhoo.
                      Well, it's good to hear he has some empathy with the 'numpties' he usually disparages.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        ROS v Michael: How did the ref/marker reverse the 4 points for the foul by Michael? I think the player should not have a say.
                        Ronnie said he hit it and he was closer than Jan who was, of course, standing behind the player taking the shot, wrong place to be a lot of the time.
                        I don't think Ronnie likes the modern style of refereeing, holds him up when he's in the flow, so this was probably a protest call, can't say I blame him, no need to follow the player around the table all the bloody time, getting in the way when retrieving colours, not being close enough to make fine judgement calls, calling misses for every escape that fails narrowly, needing the monitor to replace a single ball, to me a bit, to you a bit, up a bit, down a bit, left a bit, right a bit ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Georgia did hit the green ,that was evident on the replay ,the white defiantly moved the green.Ronnie does seem to like having something going on apart from a normal game though ,same as last week ,making a point of sitting down when people were moving around .Testing refs or trying to peak his interest ,there’s something always there recently .
                          Last edited by mikee; 7 December 2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Scott Donaldson 4-3 on the black. Phew. Badly needed win.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                              Scott Donaldson 4-3 on the black. Phew. Badly needed win.
                              yes but really careless from hallworth , had the match won , 3k must be chewing himself out ( american phrase for being frustrated )

Comment

as mention above, not 1st round (beat Farakh Ajaib back in September) but 2nd round (L64) match so Michael Georgiou does get some wonga.
                                approx £1k per point

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                                Interesting interview with Ronnie after the match and I tend to agree with everything he said .
                                what did he say, any link?
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X