World Grand Prix 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I don't see anything wrong with either perspective there. Hendry liked an open attacking game so for him Allen's style of play was hard to watch and I would imagine most would agree it wasn't pretty. Allen's point of view that his only job is to win matches is also correct, he's not there to entertain he's there to win that's the be all and end all of being a pro player.
    I agree with both of their opinions, I didn't enjoy seeing Marks chosen style of play so I exercised my right to not bother watching it.... I'm pretty sure Mark will get the kind of form back that allows him to play his more aggressive style of snooker but in the meantime, good on him for grinding out a good win on his B game!

I think the main thing Mark will gain from this win is when he's at the World's this year (where no one has generally ever played Thier best in every match/session) he will KNOW he has the ability to tough it out and hang in. That's a very valuable asset to becoming a WC.
    Last edited by Cue crafty; 24 January 2023, 06:44 PM.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I don't see anything wrong with either perspective there. Hendry liked an open attacking game so for him Allen's style of play was hard to watch and I would imagine most would agree it wasn't pretty. Allen's point of view that his only job is to win matches is also correct, he's not there to entertain he's there to win that's the be all and end all of being a pro player.
      I agree with Allen but with one reservation. You can play negative snooker just as quickly as you can play positive snooker. If you have a negative attitude the first shot you see will be the best shot to play just the same as if you have a positive attitude. It doesn't take minutes to play a negative safety, that is simply a tactic used to bore your opponents concentration out of him.
      On the contrary Judd was playing attacking safety but not taking an age over it yet one would think that positve safety requires more thought, it doesn't, Allen knew exactly what he was doing yet it shouldn't have paid off, Judd took his eye off too many easy balls.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
      X