No announcement yet.

2023 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakelin is a very hard player to play against, this won't be a walk in the park for Trump as everyone seems to be expecting.

The thing with wakelin, like Selby, he'll draw you into tactical frames and is very adept at slowing his opponent down, frustrating them and forcing the issue. That is what lisowski struggled with and I see a similar pattern today. Trump has more patience and experience, but I still feel wakelin can get under his skin a little bit. I predict wakelin 10-7, I think the pressure on trump to win 3 in a row will play on his mind

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Wakelin is a very hard player to play against, this won't be a walk in the park for Trump as everyone seems to be expecting.

The thing with wakelin, like Selby, he'll draw you into tactical frames and is very adept at slowing his opponent down, frustrating them and forcing the issue. That is what lisowski struggled with and I see a similar pattern today. Trump has more patience and experience, but I still feel wakelin can get under his skin a little bit. I predict wakelin 10-7, I think the pressure on trump to win 3 in a row will play on his mind
      Did I hear correctly that Wakelin has been "working" with Selby; whether that is actual coaching or just playing lots together I don't know, also for how long?

I agree that Wakelin should be a tough match for Trump and that Trump wont be complacent.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Anyone know what make of cue Chris Waklelin is using ( maple shaft ebony butt). Brass it titanium ferrrule

Comment

They've played together for years, at atack snooker club. Not sure they still play together now nor at the same club.

Comment

Originally Posted by Philpot View Post
            Anyone know what make of cue Chris Waklelin is using ( maple shaft ebony butt). Brass it titanium ferrrule
            Last I heard, since 2015 uses a Maximus.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Pretty good from Trump , I thought he'd be running on fumes today and it might just be a match to far but fair doos he was excellent.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

So once again the pundits unite in that, Judd is an incredible player! What a fickle world the snooker fraternity is. I guess his cue action is ok again now?!?! 🙄

all a talented player like Judd needs is a confidence boost, like most people talented, average or otherwise…

well done Judd, great player, great talent, just another world championship and he is welded into the all time top talents of the game.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Made my prediction look a bit silly, haha.

Unbelievable achievement to win 3 in a row over different formats, 3 different countries and having some superb comebacks along the way.

Also worth noting he was also runner up in European to Hawkins, also won an invitational event in china a few months back, it's an astonishing run of form, pretty much unprecedented this century.

Comment

Well done by Trump. The first player from the younger generations to pass one from the class of 92 in total wins.
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Wakelin's safety was very poor, contacting the baulk colours and leaving Judd with his hand on the table far too often, caught the blue on his break off first two times. Got to hand it to Judd though, he's got his cue action back after the US open pool debacle, he's the man to beat now and could very well go on to break all records.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        Wakelin's safety was very poor, contacting the baulk colours and leaving Judd with his hand on the table far too often, caught the blue on his break off first two times. Got to hand it to Judd though, he's got his cue action back after the US open pool debacle, he's the man to beat now and could very well go on to break all records.
                        I think it´s too late for him to equal O´Sullivan or Hendrys number of tripple crown wins, but otherwise I agree.
                        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                        X