2024 German Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Sometimes someone can be really talented at something that they don't love enough, sometimes it can be the case where someone just lacks the intelligence to dive deeply into what they love.
    Someone asked me in 1984 when Jimmy would be world champion, I said he'd never win it and I was correct, I didn't want to be but I could see he lacked something.
    Lisowski's the same, he can't learn subconsciously through his defeats and has Ebdon as a side man to do it for him him but all Ebdon ever had was to take ages over every shot and bore the focus out of an opponent, Jack can't do that.
    What Jack needs to do is recognise the pattern of a safety duel in the same way that he sees the pattern of a colours clearance, and for that to happen he has to actually practise safety, maybe even take the summer off from snooker and only play billiards. There's a lot to be learned from the three ball game that will enhance anyones snooker safety game, you can't pot everything and you can't pot anything from your chair.
    I also thinks - counter-intuitively - Lisowski needs to lighten up a bit. This "best player never to win a tournament" millstone around his neck only helps everyone who plays him, so if he could learn to laugh a bit about it, he might relax enough to make it to the right end of a final. But he's never going to do that with psycho Ebdon at his side.

Plus - he definitely needs to take a bit more time over his safety play. He seems to just get down and bang in any old safety shot without really thinking about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
      he definitely needs to take a bit more time over his safety play. He seems to just get down and bang in any old safety shot without really thinking about it.
      Just leaving the cue ball in baulk isn't enough these days with those bucket pocket tv tables, as a good long potter he should surely know that himself.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
      X