No announcement yet.

Johnstone’s Paint Players Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Ken became a little confused about the use of reverse side just then. Carter played a yellow near the black spot (from the right side of the table as we look at it) and needed to screw back onto the cushion and up towards baulk for the next red around the pink spot area. At which point Ken said “No problem. Nice little bit of right hand side to widen the angle off the cushion.”

In that it was played with reverse side, the shot would have been played with left-hand side, wouldn’t it?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I believe Ken became a little confused about the use of reverse side just then. Carter played a yellow near the black spot (from the right side of the table as we look at it) and needed to screw back onto the cushion and up towards baulk for the next red around the pink spot area. At which point Ken said “No problem. Nice little bit of right hand side to widen the angle off the cushion.”

In that it was played with reverse side, the shot would have been played with left-hand side, wouldn’t it?
      Yes it was played with left hand side but when it comes back off the object ball it's then carrying right hand side, so he's right and also wrong 🤨
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Selby`s "style" is such a pain to watch. I couldn`t take any pleasure whatsoever from having to play like that to win a game. Just off to scrub a pan that`s been soaking........................

Comment

Originally Posted by theplough View Post
          Selby`s "style" is such a pain to watch. I couldn`t take any pleasure whatsoever from having to play like that to win a game. Just off to scrub a pan that`s been soaking........................
          That's it lad, keep in line, just follow the sheep in front and you'll feel fine.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

That's it lad, keep in line, just follow the sheep in front and you'll feel fine.

-
            Try to ignore it PB you see it in other sports as well, they're not really fans of the sport they just like to whine about aesthetics, easy to ignore.

Comment

Quite a lot of empty seats in Telford - even for the final. Is this not the tournament they moved away from Hull last year - for not selling enough seats?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                Quite a lot of empty seats in Telford - even for the final. Is this not the tournament they moved away from Hull last year - for not selling enough seats?
                Where? I don’t see any empty seats.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I’m beginning to find Allen’s new play style just a tad irritating. Everything is so studious and measured; from the way he approaches the table, the leisured manner in which he walks around the table, and the way almost every pot and shot is played at dead weight. He’s become very zen-like. Mark Williams can pull it off because it’s his natural style, but it looks a little manufactured when Allen plays like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    I’m beginning to find Allen’s new play style just a tad irritating. Everything is so studious and measured; from the way he approaches the table, the leisured manner in which he walks around the table, and the way almost every pot and shot is played at dead weight. He’s become very zen-like. Mark Williams can pull it off because it’s his natural style, but it looks a little manufactured when Allen plays like this.
                    While I do know what you mean, I'm not sure you're right about it. Over the the last years Mark Allen clearly improved his results playing like this. I said this before, he's not here to entertain you or to have fun, he's here to have success, that's his one goal. I do respect that approach.

Nevertheless Zhang seems the stronger player tonight, he doesn't look much like missing at all and if Allen is to come out on top and win it, it's because of his "manufactured" approach to the game.

"That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

While I do know what you mean, I'm not sure you're right about it. Over the the last years Mark Allen clearly improved his results playing like this. I said this before, he's not here to entertain you or to have fun, he's here to have success, that's his one goal. I do respect that approach.
                      Oh, you can’t say it hasn’t brought him success, but that wasn’t really my point.

Also, twice tonight Allen’s come to the table and cried stalemate because he doesn’t like the shot he’s been left with. Zhang doesn’t have the confidence to say “No, play your shot.” and Allen knows it. Yes, on both occasions Allen could have played his shot and not left anything, but if he asks for a re-rack he doesn’t have to worry about it at all.
                      Last edited by Billy; 25 February 2024, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Zhang's feeling the pressure now, 8 - 6 to Allen and hard to see him giving it away from here. Nervy stuff this, great fun.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Zhang's bottle appears to have completely gone, shame as I find myself struggling to stay awake when Allen is at the table
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Zhang looks tired.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                              Zhang looks tired.
                              Maybe Allen's having the same soporific effect on Zhang that he has on GeordoeDS.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

I think they need to start kicking off finals at 6:00. I don’t believe this is doing the reputation of snooker any good at all. How many people are going to stay up for snooker like this, which let’s face it isn’t the best, when they’ve got work in the morning? Only die-hard fans and even this one is struggling.

Comment

Working...
                                X