Riyadh Season World Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riyadh Season World Masters

Don't know much about this event except it's in Saudi and it involves a golden ball worth 20 points, which must be potted after the final black, I think.
    What happens if you inadvertently pot or foul the golden ball? Are you penalised 20 points or is the penalty more severe? What's the prize money going to be?
    Do we have a time schedule yet? Seems a bit odd having the final on a Wednesday.

Any info anyone? Dean?

Draw:
    Riyadh Season World Masters (2024) - snooker.org

-
    Last edited by PatBlock; 28 February 2024, 06:31 PM.
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Much detail is still missing, Prize fund is $1M (£700K+) but split not known. Golden Ball is only potted if on a maximum. I assume a foul of the value if pocketed.
    And as usual the WST.tv/tournaments has bugger-all!
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Much detail is still missing, Prize fund is $1M (£700K+) but split not known. Golden Ball is only potted if on a maximum. I assume a foul of the value if pocketed.
      And as usual the WST.tv/tournaments has bugger-all!
      Oh well, we'll wait and see then. Thanks Dean. 👍

-
      The slow and labourious,

Comment

I didn't think the golden ball was on the table during the normal game, would it not just get in the way? I just took it for granted it was placed on the table maybe when down to the colour clearance for a 147 or even after it and you have to pot a long blue style shot.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          I didn't think the golden ball was on the table during the normal game, would it not just get in the way? I just took it for granted it was placed on the table maybe when down to the colour clearance for a 147 or even after it and you have to pot a long blue style shot.
          I thought the Golden Ball is on the table from the start - here we go, lack of information and details.

Comment

I assume the golden ball can't be on the table till a 147 is achieved as it would come in the way of other balls or a potential 147 break.

Comment

I'd heard the golden ball will get added to the table once a 147 has been made. No idea where or what happens with the white. I wonder if they'll make the tables more generous to allow a 147/167 to be "easier" to achieve.

Comment

I heard a bloke on talk sport yesterday afternoon, think he was a sun sports reporter, said he'd spoken to one of the players involved, who was told that the golden ball would be placed on the balk cushion at the start of each frame and would be on the table at all times. So the question remains, what happens if it's potted or fouled? But, he also said we are waiting for the local promotors in Saudi to explain.
                And so we wait....

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

a new snippet -
                  Once a 147 is not available to be made during a frame the gold ball will be removed from the table.

Comment

I'm getting National Lottery vibes here, I think it's going to be down to Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, Merlin, Vyvyan, and Galahad, who wins the 167 break prize!!

All good fun though I guess.
                    Last edited by Cue crafty; 29 February 2024, 03:27 PM.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      I heard a bloke on talk sport yesterday afternoon, think he was a sun sports reporter, said he'd spoken to one of the players involved, who was told that the golden ball would be placed on the balk cushion at the start of each frame and would be on the table at all times. So the question remains, what happens if it's potted or fouled? But, he also said we are waiting for the local promotors in Saudi to explain.
                      And so we wait....

-
                      Are you allowed to move it? Does it get put back? Can you snooker behind it? Can it be used as a free ball? If your snookered but can see this ball will the three miss rule be in effect?
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Seems like they've really thought through this "Golden Ball" addition to the rules, and they won't just be winging it/making it up at the last minute at all. They must just be keeping this carefully-devised innovation under wraps til the last minute.*

*Not. They clearly haven't got a ****ing clue and haven't thought it through at all. Totally cheesy and unnecessary innovation from the head-chopping, gay-hating, women-hating new home of grassroots snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                          Seems like they've really thought through this "Golden Ball" addition to the rules, and they won't just be winging it/making it up at the last minute at all. They must just be keeping this carefully-devised innovation under wraps til the last minute.*

*Not. They clearly haven't got a ****ing clue and haven't thought it through at all. Totally cheesy and unnecessary innovation from the head-chopping, gay-hating, women-hating new home of grassroots snooker.
                          Sshhh you'll get hung upside down and have your feet caned until they bleed with talk like that.

Joe Davis invented an update to the game called snooker plus where an orange and purple ball where added on spots equidistant between pink and black, that was also a stupid idea that never lasted and wasn't needed. Hey Ho.... ​​​​
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Are you allowed to move it? Does it get put back? Can you snooker behind it? Can it be used as a free ball? If your snookered but can see this ball will the three miss rule be in effect?
                            Exactly. I wonder who's going to ref it?

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Totally cheesy and unnecessary innovation from the head-chopping, gay-hating, women-hatingr.
                              They're not wrong my friend. It's just false information the world is fed with. No religion promotes violence.
                              Last edited by fkhan; 1 March 2024, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X