Riyadh Season World Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I'm pleased for the lesser known players getting a game and some experience but just bin that ball, it's not needed, snooker is fantastic as it is
    If there turns out to be a world shortage of varnish, it's all gone on the table cushions.
    Taken me a while to realise, but pretty sure they are gold coloured rails. Trick of the light makes them appear light oak in colour on TV.

obviously the Star tables with their cheap gold legs were unacceptable to the Arab organisers.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Seemingly no women in the "audience", paltry as it is. Are they even allowed in?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
        Tried to make a screenshot of the shoddy table workmanship on the middle pocket, but Eurosport doesn't let you capture screenshots - but watch out for it on the close-ups of the middle pocket. Big ugly botched patch between the leather and net, and the cloth and cushion.
        Here you go.
        I noticed these in the afternoon matches and thought I had not seen what I saw!

Last edited by DeanH; 4 March 2024, 08:59 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The free ball on the last red in the deioder was not on I feel as did Neil in the commentary box.

Comment

many in the audience have zero snooker arena etiquette

Comment

Wow close chance there for Higgins of the prize, can’t believe people were just allowed to bungle in and wander around at that moment as if no one knew….
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

actually over-cut the yellow

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Here you go.

We had table fitters do our cushions like that, they weren't asked back, especially when we phoned them and they said just glue a bit of old cloth over it
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Here you go.

Aren't WSS incharge of table installs? Or am I wrong? Either way, the table plays better than the crap Star tables we see.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Aren't WSS incharge of table installs? Or am I wrong? Either way, the table plays better than the crap Star tables we see.
                      I would say yes for EUR/UK, but elsewhere, doubtful. Definitely not in Far East.

Comment

I would say yes for EUR/UK, but elsewhere, doubtful. Definitely not in Far East.
                        One rest is also missing. So, I think you are right.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                          Seemingly no women in the "audience", paltry as it is. Are they even allowed in?
                          I have seen some women in the audience, I think there are some. I was wondering if the applause was canned but I don't
                          think so.

Jan Verhaas looks a bit thin to me? Hope he is okay.

Comment

Here you go.

facebook image upload

Another reason why Aristocrats are better tables, design!! 😉
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Instead of the golden ball, if you get a maximum, John Virgo should stride out with a bag full of goodies and set up a trick shot for the extra points like on big break

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

facebook image upload

Another reason why Aristocrats are better tables, design!! 😉
                                Oftopic:

Crafty! I've heard a lot of people rate Riley Aristocrats as the 'gold standard' over Star/Rasmussen/even BCE?. But are you referring to vintage/old ones, in the Accrington heyday, or the ones currently being manufactured and sold? (or both?) Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X