Championship League 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Historically, CLS (IIRC) has always been non-spectators.
    I wonder what the actual point of this tournament is ? How is snooker's profile being expanded when this is behind closed doors and only streamed on matchroom live and with betting companies ? The only sponsor i see is Bet Victor, what are they getting out of it ?

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

I wonder what the actual point of this tournament is ? How is snooker's profile being expanded when this is behind closed doors and only streamed on matchroom live and with betting companies ? The only sponsor i see is Bet Victor, what are they getting out of it ?
      IIRC developed for betting sites in mind.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

So, surprise, surprise Ronnie has dropped out after the first day, he wont be playing his last two matches - therefore removing the opportunity for Pang and Brown from gaining a few hundred quid from frames won, etc.
        Does WST have a contingency in-place to offset possible loss of earnings?
        Ronnie may not want to play for "chicken-feed" anymore, so why did he sign-up for this event then? Again removing the opportunity for another player to earn money?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          So, surprise, surprise Ronnie has dropped out after the first day, he wont be playing his last two matches - therefore removing the opportunity for Pang and Brown from gaining a few hundred quid from frames won, etc.
          Does WST have a contingency in-place to offset possible loss of earnings?
          Ronnie may not want to play for "chicken-feed" anymore, so why did he sign-up for this event then? Again removing the opportunity for another player to earn money?
          I'm surprised he signed up to this in the first place, probably obligated to ?
          Pang impresses me with his table craft but virtually everyone he plays seems to score better.

Comment

I'm surprised he signed up to this in the first place, probably obligated to ?
            I was also surprised he signed up for it, I was surprised he actually turned up yesterday, hence not surprised with the withdrawal.
            This event is an invitational, so no obligation - but to me if you sign up you have an obligation to that agreement.

Pang impresses me with his table craft but virtually everyone he plays seems to score better.
            I have been watching Pang for the last year or two and also really like his play at the table. Maybe he brings the best out of his opponents?

Comment

147 by Joe O'Connor

Comment

Been impressed by Joe O'Connor, but for some reason feel Jak Jones has more in the tank generally speaking... Others thoughts? 🤔
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

#22 Yeah you're probably right, i was just thinking earlier as Jones was looking good he's probably the second best Welsh player now, no mean feat.
                  Last edited by trains; 29 February 2024, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Very tidy 147 by Joe.

Comment

Working...
                    X