World Doubles 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

That seems a fair amount for one shot! I wonder if it might encourage some wild flashing type shots? What do you do about outrageous flukes though that result from good shots?
    I don't think any player would want to look like an idiot, the nature of a snooker player is to be shy of poorly played shots. So I believe they would take some well calculated chances, not just slash away at anything and everything.

Remember, shot of the championship would probably be decided by a board of judge/pundits who would understand:-

The pressure behind the chosen shot
    The degree of thought into how much risk was involved
    The skill level to pull off any chosen shot
    The stage of the frame/match when said shot was played
    Etc etc.
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I don't think any player would want to look like an idiot, the nature of a snooker player is to be shy of poorly played shots. So I believe they would take some well calculated chances, not just slash away at anything and everything.

Remember, shot of the championship would probably be decided by a board of judge/pundits who would understand:-

The pressure behind the chosen shot
      The degree of thought into how much risk was involved
      The skill level to pull off any chosen shot
      The stage of the frame/match when said shot was played
      Etc etc.
      I agree about a panel so fair point. It becomes a bit more difficult because there is still a subjective element to it, a pundit on the panel might be pals with the
      player of the shot and so feel more inclined to vote for their shot. Not the end of the world but at least if someone wins a tournament there is no argument (well,
      hopefully not ...) that they have earned the victory. A cash prize though would spice it up.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

I agree about a panel so fair point. It becomes a bit more difficult because there is still a subjective element to it, a pundit on the panel might be pals with the
        player of the shot and so feel more inclined to vote for their shot. Not the end of the world but at least if someone wins a tournament there is no argument (well,
        hopefully not ...) that they have earned the victory. A cash prize though would spice it up.
        Yeh maybe make it Β£5k to put the real emphasis on spirited more open play without making it too important.

I just think this format/tourney needs spice and it should showcase what they are capable of. Not a snore fest of negative play.

it disappoints me that no one seems to have a personality that tells them they should employ a cavalier attitude here. It’s a chance to shine with the right mind set, but all I see is the lower ranked player trying to please their higher ranked partner in a nervous manner.

βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Working...
        X