2024 World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 World Championship Qualifiers

Draw has been made. On snooker.org and WST. Bit early this year. Wasn’t expecting it for another week.

Is anyone doing a prediction contest for the qualifying stages round by round and also predicting the sixteen qualifiers who will make the Crucible stages. Draw links

2024 World Snooker Championship - Wikipedia

World Championship Qualifiers (2024) - snooker.org

0d492050-ee73-11ee-a7a5-b73f10cfa53e.pdf (amazonaws.com)

Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Is Martin Gould retiring ?

Jimmy White given a walkover into round 2.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
        Maybe medical reasons again.

Comment

Back issues forced him to withdraw. Hence, he will be off the tour basis his ranking position.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Back issues forced him to withdraw. Hence, he will be off the tour basis his ranking position.
            Thanks, shouldn't expect him at the Q School then.

Comment

Now we move onto this, I absolutely love the qualifiers and all the judgement day jazz.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Now we move onto this, I absolutely love the qualifiers and all the judgement day jazz.
                Yeah 2 days of Rob Walker's exaggerated bollocks, oh the joy .

Comment

Yeah 2 days of Rob Walker's exaggerated bollocks, oh the joy .
                  Bollocks, I forgot about that. I just love the rounds and the build up and then the 16-32 playing against players that are match sharp, getting the odd surprise, I might enjoy this just as much as the main event.

Comment

Bollocks, I forgot about that. I just love the rounds and the build up and then the 16-32 playing against players that are match sharp, getting the odd surprise, I might enjoy this just as much as the main event.
                    I'd rather pay to go and stay up there for a couple of days of this than if I was offered two days at the Crucible all expenses paid, more my cup of tea.

Comment

Are the qualifiers televised somewhere? And how does any of it involve Rob Walker anyway? I didn’t think they called for him until it all kicks off proper at Sheffield.

Anyway, I like Rob Walker so no hardship there.

[Edit] Never mind. I see it’s on Eurosport.
                      Last edited by Billy; 8 April 2024, 07:01 AM.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The young Chinese lass kicks off today, she seems to be the best of the ladies and scored really well in their world champs, could be interesting.
                        Michael Holt is back, the young youtube star, I hope he does well, he seems to have his love for the game back.
                        Liam Davies also starts this morning, I went and watched him win a qtour event last year, he beat Craig Steadman in the final, really nice lad and whole family were tbf, chatted with everyone, he played some great snooker, I hope he does well.
                        Ross Muir, who was coached by Chris Small (who used to be on here) for a while, takes another crack at it, will he ditch the glove! Like he did the last time I saw him on TV.
                        Not a bad opening morning, I'm all excited lol

Comment

Ursenbacher 9 - 0 Boiko, surprisingly one sided.

Comment

Ursenbacher 9 - 0 Boiko, surprisingly one sided.
                            I watched some of that today, Boiko was pathetic, only in it as he's ukrainian, got the eurovision vote from world snooker
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Enjoying Muir vs Wai Cheung, Muir looks so regimented its hard to see how he physically and mentally could last a tournament but the more aesthetic Wai Cheung is missing pots he shouldn't.
                              Swings and roundabouts as always.

Comment

Working...
                              X