No announcement yet.

2024 World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are certainly some 'mixed' abilities on show today :-) Holt lost, surprised at that. Quite a few of them are like watching paint dry - Johnstone's should sponsor them ;-)

Comment

A mistake from Jenson K on that snooker he was in on the last red in frame 17. He should have played from the opposite cushion to avoid the foul on the black.
      Last edited by fkhan; 8 April 2024, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Wai Cheung could have won that 10-6, possibly lacking a bit of matchplay nous, good steadiness from Muir though.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          Wai Cheung could have won that 10-6, possibly lacking a bit of matchplay nous, good steadiness from Muir though.
          I switched off at 9-7. Really thought Ross Muir was beaten. Very surprised to see the score this morning. As you say Wai Cheung lacking a bit of experience in closing matches out.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
            There are certainly some 'mixed' abilities on show today :-) Holt lost, surprised at that. Quite a few of them are like watching paint dry - Johnstone's should sponsor them ;-)
            Holt simply doesn't have the temperament for the game, just a few misses and some poor running for him and good running for his opponent and he's gone.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Holt simply doesn't have the temperament for the game, just a few misses and some poor running for him and good running for his opponent and he's gone.
              Yes he is not perhaps the most resilient player for temperament, for all that he has both a] got himself back on the tour and b] won a few smaller / lesser tournaments.
              I know the Shoot Out is different, but that's not all he's won. Either way I expected him to get through the first round of qualifying. If he is coaching, you would think
              perhaps he would address that element of his game himself?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Only dipped in and out of that match but it looked like his opponent played well.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
                  Either way I expected him to get through the first round of qualifying. If he is coaching, you would think
                  perhaps he would address that element of his game himself?
                  I agree with that, also not much of a technical coach if he doesn't believe in the centre of the cue ball.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I like Michael, I think he has a fun personality that works well on YouTube etc.

Part of his problem, I believe is his ability to remain on an even keel in match play and trust his instincts. Confidence is everything in this game and although he has huge talent I think doubt from losses creeps into the psyche.

IMHO he just needs to dumb down his natural enthusiasm and keep a more even keel on good shots bad shots. I’m not advocating Mark Allen’s style but there is a lesson in mindset he could consider from Allen’s game. Nothing either upsets or excites Mark Allen and that maybe his best asset these days.

A little of that may help Holty, a bit less heart on the sleeve.

But then…. It wouldn’t be him would it…?!?! 🧐
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Good match between Moody and Shebab, both but particularly Shebab looks capable of making the Crucible. Pengfei, Wu Yize and Si Juahui in the way.

Comment

Speaking of temperament, Stan Moody has a lot to learn....will he? Is he good enough anyway?

I remember watching Hendry at his age... Oh boy!
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Speaking of temperament, Stan Moody has a lot to learn....will he? Is he good enough anyway?

I remember watching Hendry at his age... Oh boy!
                          Good lord, when did Hendry at 17/ 18 play someone as good as Shebab ? vs Joe Johnson in the Crucible quarter finals ? Lol go back to tennis m8

Comment

Stan Moody, the BBC putting him up on a pedestal. Why? To be honest he's just an average player...

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Good lord, when did Hendry at 17/ 18 play someone as good as Shebab ? vs Joe Johnson in the Crucible quarter finals ? Lol go back to tennis m8
                              lolz thanks, well Hendry played Willie Thorne at 17 and gave him a good scare, should've beat him tbh. Shebab looks nice and solid, good game and temperament.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

lolz thanks, well Hendry played Willie Thorne at 17 and gave him a good scare, should've beat him tbh. Shebab looks nice and solid, good game and temperament.
                                Yeah re post #25 Moody's loss wont look so bad if Shebab has a decent run, i think there's a decent chance he might, never seen him before though tbh.
                                If Moody does lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X