No announcement yet.

2024 World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your fascination with Shehab lately? He is not what I would call a good player. If anything, drawing Shehab in qualifying would be a reason to rejoice, since he's never qualified for anything in his life.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

Lisowski seems to be going okay today atm.
      The draw seems set up nicely for him, I'd be a bit surprised if Matthew Stevens or JImmy Robertson beats him in the Judgement round.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        What's your fascination with Shehab lately? He is not what I would call a good player. If anything, drawing Shehab in qualifying would be a reason to rejoice, since he's never qualified for anything in his life.
        I did say i've never seen him play before, just that i was quite impressed with his play vs Moody thats all, fascination ? hmm

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

The draw seems set up nicely for him, I'd be a bit surprised if Matthew Stevens or JImmy Robertson beats him in the Judgement round.
          Feel a bit sorry for Stevens, he was a a powerful force once, odd how he has faded but his compatriot Williams has managed to keep at a much higher
          level. I think he would be more of psychological threat to Lisowski than Robertson but Robertson is perhaps the stronger threat match wise to
          Lisowski, but either could beat him if he doesn't fire at least fairly well. He's had a poor season Lisowski by his talent, maybe he can redeem it
          a bit at the Crucible if he makes it.

Comment

Stevens has made 40 grand this season, I'm sure he'll be fine, nothing to be sorry about really lots of folk work harder for less.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

Feel a bit sorry for Stevens, he was a a powerful force once, odd how he has faded but his compatriot Williams has managed to keep at a much higher
              level. I think he would be more of psychological threat to Lisowski than Robertson but Robertson is perhaps the stronger threat match wise to
              Lisowski, but either could beat him if he doesn't fire at least fairly well. He's had a poor season Lisowski by his talent, maybe he can redeem it
              a bit at the Crucible if he makes it.
              Stevens rest problem almost destroyed his game, he seems to have gotten over it now by using the extension on his cue instead but too late for a renaissance I think, but he could be too canny for Lisowski. if indeed they do meet, which looks likely the form Lisowski is in this morning.
              watching Un Nooh v Davis at the mo, could be a close one.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Stevens has made 40 grand this season, I'm sure he'll be fine, nothing to be sorry about really lots of folk work harder for less.
                40k is not bad, but take your expenses out, tax, it's not much to live on. I assume they are still operating the 20k a year to players who do not make any money
                from the tour or whatever the rule is? I daresay Stevens is not starving and may be doing well for himself, I hope he is. You do need to factor in the stress
                of not knowing how much you may make in a year, not a regular income. Perhaps he has another job as well to relieve the financial pressure.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Stevens rest problem almost destroyed his game, he seems to have gotten over it now by using the extension on his cue instead but too late for a renaissance I think, but he could be too canny for Lisowski. if indeed they do meet, which looks likely the form Lisowski is in this morning.
                  watching Un Nooh v Davis at the mo, could be a close one.
                  he's been using the extension on his cue during his prime years, the old battered thing that started off black and ended up with hundred of white bits all over it from the paint chipping away. Yes he's a not comfortable with the rest but I don't think that's the reason his game is suffering in recent years.

I think personal losses in his private life, the loss of his dad and then Paul Hunter who he was very close to possibly had a big impact on his enjoyment from the game. Also he had his cue stolen about 6-7 years ago, one he'd only ever played with all his career and has never looked the same since switching to the Parris cue he uses now.

Comment

Looks like Rod Lawler's got a 5/8 jointed cue like mine.

Jenson Kendrick still in with a shot, I'm surprised its taken him two years to show anything, he looked a good player qualifying from the 2022 Q School.

Comment

Live scores not working again.

Comment

Un nooh still missing a lot, Davis could beat him.

I quite like the potential of Sanderson Lam and Louis Heathcote, still not easy though.
                        Lam's been poor today so far though.

Comment

Lam's been poor today so far though.
                          Tbh neither of them have been setting the world on fire in this match but Liam looks the better player. I see some of players on other tables are advancing the argument for shot clocks including usual suspect Rod Lawler.

Comment

I hope my mate Ben Mertens can pull back still

Comment

Mark Davis is playing as well as I've ever seen him, hardly missed a ball and the only thing that seems to stop him is a bit of bad running here and there. Un Nooh's shot choices may have a bit to do with that though, mystifying some of them.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                Mark Davis is playing as well as I've ever seen him, hardly missed a ball and the only thing that seems to stop him is a bit of bad running here and there. Un Nooh's shot choices may have a bit to do with that though, mystifying some of them.
                                Oh, but that black he missed for the match. 9 - 7 now

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X