No announcement yet.

Johnstone’s Paint Tour Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one more thing...my god they've got the mic on loud for the other table when the audience claps I can't hear the commentary on this match of ron and ali...I keep thinking they are clapping for the match I'm watching...ridiculous

Comment

I read somewhere that the table cloth was going to be the 'Sh**ty brown' colour, named 'Limitless', which is Johnstone's Trade 2024 Colour of the Year.
      Why are the table cloths still green?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I think it's time for shot clock to come into snooker now to put a stop to this, referees know what's going on but they aren't strong enough. Carter didn't resort to that last night even though he was under a lot of pressure, same with Hawkins, same with Williams and Ford.
        Pundits in the studio in the after match interview need to ask why it takes so long to play basic shots and call it out as the gamesmanship that it is.
        I'm not for a shot clock, I don't want players having to rush a shot because of time restrictions. I wouldn't mind players being put on the clock, in a golf type way, where players are penalised for slow play. I think a warning, then on the clock and if it continues a fine of a certain percentage of winnings.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          What's with Higgins and now Selby both hinting at retirement? They've earned 142k and 173k respectively so far this season.
          Believe it when i see it.
          157k and 203k.

Forgot the Masters.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            Don’t think much of Ronnie’s shirt colour. Sh**ty brown my old Granny would call it.
            He's embracing his inner Doug Mountjoy
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I would love to play poker with Ding, that twitchy left eye would cost him a fortune

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                I would love to play poker with Ding, that twitchy left eye would cost him a fortune
                Lolz, yeh he’s easier to read than a Peter & Jane book! 😉
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Nice to see Ding hold strong against Allen. Not a fan of Allen’s style these days so was great to see an aggressive Ding take some chances and come out on top at the end of the session.

i always support positive aggression in snooker, for me everyone wins when aggressive play wins the day.

like Ronnie thinks, play the game in the correct way and in the right spirit I.e try to win outright using your ability… not hang back like a Hyena, waiting for left over scraps!! Take the game on, entertain fans, win with talent you have rather than wait for mistakes.

#Brave snooker - let’s have it!!
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Don’t think much of Ronnie’s shirt colour. Sh**ty brown my old Granny would call it.
                    I think he has been sponsored by Johnstones Paint to wear that colour it is the same colour that the April Fool joke baize was supposed to
                    be, how it can be colour of the year beats me, as you say looks like, well, 'mustard' shall we say.

Comment

Originally Posted by Q1st View Post
                      I read somewhere that the table cloth was going to be the 'Sh**ty brown' colour, named 'Limitless', which is Johnstone's Trade 2024 Colour of the Year.
                      Why are the table cloths still green?
                      It was an April Fool as far as I can tell. However, the colour that was due to be used I think is the colour of ROS's shirt. Just my opinion. Bit like Joseph and his
                      Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Ronnie and his mustard coloured shirt! Not quite got the same ring to it.
                      Last edited by FredDavis'Leg; 3 April 2024, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Gary Wilson really needs to get hold of his temperament. Such a great talent.

Comment

Gary Wilson really needs to get hold of his temperament. Such a great talent.
                          Yeah he's way too hard on himself

Wibble

Comment

Well played MJW. With Judd out, I guess ROS will remain the No,! seed at the crucible. Am I correct?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              Well played MJW. With Judd out, I guess ROS will remain the No,! seed at the crucible. Am I correct?
                              Luca will be No 1 seed as defending champion. Ronnie will be No 2. Don’t think Mark Allan can overtake Ronnie.

Comment

Luca will be No 1 seed as defending champion. Ronnie will be No 2. Don’t think Mark Allan can overtake Ronnie.
                                Thanks that was a silly question.

Comment

Working...
                                X