Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

The red dropped, didn't it?
    No I think it stayed in the jaws of the pocket. I could be mistaken in which case I am wrong but I am sure it stayed out on the replay I saw.

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

No I think it stayed in the jaws of the pocket. I could be mistaken in which case I am wrong but I am sure it stayed out on the replay I saw.
      Red dropped.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Red dropped.
        Okay I stand corrected thank you. Just watched it again online and I think because it wobbles it cut away originally on tv which is why I thought it stayed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZ2Isz0p5k

30 mins in is the incident.

Glad that both ROS and GW got on with it after this though and no hysteria over it, or at least I hope there isn't.
        Last edited by FredDavis'Leg; 5 April 2024, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Hoping for a class of '92 final.

Comment

Ronnie was lucky he was playing Gary Wilson and not Anda Zhang. He got Zhanged twice consecutively and then avoided playing him again the third time complaining of a mental breakdown.

Ronnie is doing a Mk2 Doug Mountjoy to spure homself on. Who would he be impersonating at the World Championship? Alex Higgins doing the "Hop"

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Definitely red first on the slomo. The ref refused to check it, said it wasn't real time, how can that be an argument?
              To me I think the refs guessed there, it was tight but there is no way he could definitely make that call without a guess.
              He shouldn't be guessing and if it's that tight surely the benifit of the doubt goes to it being a fair shot, especially as the player didn't think it was a foul.
              Looking at the overhead view the pink was closer to the cue ball than the red so Collier based his judgement on that I think, but the red was potted off the pink, almost missed it thin but one can't blame Collier for that call, but the push stroke he called on Ronnie was a subconscious redemption unless he heard two noises thinking that Ronnie hit the blue with his tip while playing with extreme running side.
              Referees eh! you've got to love 'em
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
                Ronnie was lucky he was playing Gary Wilson and not Anda Zhang. He got Zhanged twice consecutively and then avoided playing him again the third time complaining of a mental breakdown.

Ronnie is doing a Mk2 Doug Mountjoy to spure homself on. Who would he be impersonating at the World Championship? Alex Higgins doing the "Hop"
                Not so sure you can say he was lucky to be playing Wilson and not Zhang. Zhang hit a purple patch of form in his wins against O'Sullivan and it seems he's back to the level his was prior to that.

He's still a hard player to play against because he's fairly methodical and I think that style does frustrated O'Sullivan but he seems in a strong mental state, has Steve peters with him, there is no doubt in my mind that O'Sullivan wins this and finishes the season with an 8th world title.

Quite simply nobody is playing well enough or has the belief they can beat him. It's his most dominant and consistent form he has ever shown in his entire career and shows no signs of ending for a good while yet. The rest of the tour and particularly the top 16 need to reinvent themselves and their games if they want a slice of the silverware O'Sullivan currently holds.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post

Quite simply nobody is playing well enough or has the belief they can beat him. It's his most dominant and consistent form he has ever shown in his entire career and shows no signs of ending for a good while yet. The rest of the tour and particularly the top 16 need to reinvent themselves and their games if they want a slice of the silverware O'Sullivan currently holds.

I find it a bit odd to regard Ronnie's last year+ or so as "the most dominant and consistent form he has ever shown"... as I see it he's playing okay, good enough to win most of the times (and yes, he quite consistently gets lucky draws IMHO), bad enough to get beaten here and there, but surely not at his all-time best.

Contrarily I think it's pretty obvious that practically all other top players like Robertson, Selby, Brecel, Higgins and so forth have been consistently way out of form (despite some patches from Allen and Trump here and there, but neither is truly "in form"...).

I think the weekly grind of playing far too many events is taking its toll on almost all of them, and it shows. Ronnie luxuriously is able and willing to choose the events he enters carefully, and it shows. The way the tour is set up right now absolutely suits Ronnie more than anybody else. And it shows.

No, he's not really at his best, but a good horse only jumps as high as it has to, and right now, that's not very high, because the obstacles are just pretty lowly set consistently...
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post

Not so sure you can say he was lucky to be playing Wilson and not Zhang. Zhang hit a purple patch of form in his wins against O'Sullivan and it seems he's back to the level his was prior to that.

He's still a hard player to play against because he's fairly methodical and I think that style does frustrated O'Sullivan but he seems in a strong mental state, has Steve peters with him, there is no doubt in my mind that O'Sullivan wins this and finishes the season with an 8th world title.

Its a style of play and how Ronnie respond to certain players. He got the measure of Ding but he got Zhanged twice in a row. Marco Fu is another player Ronnie don't sem to do well against.

Comment

I never said Ronnie was playing his brilliant best, but it's undoubtedly his most dominant and consistent season, arguably in his career.

What he's doing is staying present for the whole match, he knows their are facets to his game that arent as good as they used to be, but he's developed a stronger mental side, accepting that he will miss the easy ball, or there will be spells where he's not quite hitting the ball well. However, he's competing in every frame, for the whole match, whereas in the past, if he's not cueing well or missing a few balls, he's tended to let it affect him and he sort of gives up. That's not happening anymore and it's making him harder to beat.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Looking at the overhead view the pink was closer to the cue ball than the red so Collier based his judgement on that I think, but the red was potted off the pink, almost missed it thin but one can't blame Collier for that call, but the push stroke he called on Ronnie was a subconscious redemption unless he heard two noises thinking that Ronnie hit the blue with his tip while playing with extreme running side.
                        Referees eh! you've got to love 'em
                        It's funny how we see things differently because on the line of the shot the red looked closer to me​​​​​​, it was tight but my main concern was the ref refusing to check it. Why will the check where to put the balls back after a foul but not check the screen for a foul.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

ITV3 tonight for numpties like me who always forgets about channel swaps.

Comment

Comebacks on!

Comment

Well done MW, it's the final I wanted, cudos to MA for at least making it some type of match.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                                Don’t think much of Ronnie’s shirt colour. Sh**ty brown my old Granny would call it.
                                Reason for the shirt's colour change:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27103...box=1712223299

Comment

Working...
                                X