Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Been there, had a look, came to find most of it quite appalingly oversimplifying or plainly wrong, so... no, real enlightenment there, quite the opposite, actually. I had a good laugh, though, and I'm not even sure if you're just trolling or not. But thanks for the suggestion
    So you watched a 50 minute video in just 20 minutes, OK then.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

Well, some evidence to back that statement up from Pinches would be good. For example, when did he say it, to whom, where was it recorded? If it is not documented somewhere then as the saying goes it didn't happen. Also, would it not be possible to simply run your hand / finger along the relevant part of a table with such an edge and simply feel it? If the edge is not detectable by feel, then how could it an effect the direction of travel of a ball? Don't misunderstand this, I am not saying you are wrong, just that some evidence is needed to back that statement up, otherwise it's barely hearsay. You are free of course, as is anyone else, to make their own mind up and choose to believe or not what was said.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nnie-osullivan

Death sells as it says in Spinal Tap, and even though the Guardian try and make out they are a cut above they are still just peddling big headlines about a possible move.
      He said it to me, in a conversation on the Internet, it was a public chat so it will be on Facebook somewhere if you can be bothered trawling around for it,so lots of people saw it at the time.
      It was during the few days I felt like in needed a Facebook account, then realised I didn't, so I can't remember how long ago but it will be a few years iirc.
      I'm not saying Barry Pinches is correct,im relaying what he said because of Vmax mentioning the same thing and it triggered a memory of the conversation, take it or leave it, I'm not much fussed, it's just chit chat on the Internet.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I see we've got BBC Buckets again this year. Will they ever fix this problem? Expect a new record for centuries. The players that are missing anything in these pockets shouldn't be pros.

Comment

Well I think they should have a raised lip at the drop point and deliberately aged/matured rails/rail cloth, dead as the proverbial coffin nail. But I guess we'll just have to make do and try to enjoy it as is.

-
          Last edited by PatBlock; 20 April 2024, 02:06 PM.
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Well I think they should have a raised lip at the drop point and deliberately aged/matured rails/rail cloth, dead as the proverbial coffin nail. But I guess we'll just have to make do and try to enjoy it as is.

-
            Wanted to ask if you know why JRC doesn't post anymore PB? I see he's still active on eBay etc. Selling the odd cue from his collection. Nothing on here since COVID.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Wanted to ask if you know why JRC doesn't post anymore PB? I see he's still active on eBay etc. Selling the odd cue from his collection. Nothing on here since COVID.
              And what about Neil Taperill? He was a moderator along with Dean but I haven’t seen a post from him for years. Has he resigned?

Comment

I don't know CC, vaguely remember him saying something about giving the forum a break for a bit, but I could be wrong. Probably thinks we're beneath him, him being landed gentry.
                Hope he decides to grace us with his presence again one day, legend TSFr.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

I don't know CC, vaguely remember him saying something about giving the forum a break for a bit, but I could be wrong. Probably thinks we're beneath him, him being landed gentry.
                  Hope he decides to grace us with his presence again one day, legend TSFr.

-
                  Thanks, I'm sure the bunny girls at the castle are keeping him in fine fettle!! 😉
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

And what about Neil Taperill? He was a moderator along with Dean but I haven’t seen a post from him for years. Has he resigned?
                    Yeh, I pm'd Neil a couple of months back and he replied, but not seen anything since. Hopefully he's well. 👍

Btw Nifty was your old Monika "big Andy G " or big Meek? Some folks here been on longer than their current tags suggest. 😉
                    Last edited by Cue crafty; 20 April 2024, 08:11 PM.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The pocket size discussion is interesting. No idea what the truth is. As a data point though the photos below are of an ex-tournament Star table prepared by World Snooker Services in Bristol.

Whilst these are from a 1920's billiards table.

Clear differences. Not sure i'm seeing any special bevel on the tournament table. I don't feel that i get any more 'undeserved' pots on the Star vs the antique table. My experience on both tables is provided i hit the balls in the middle of the pockets, they go in.

Comment

Originally Posted by fatfreddy View Post
                        The pocket size discussion is interesting. No idea what the truth is. As a data point though the photos below are of an ex-tournament Star table prepared by World Snooker Services in Bristol.

Whilst these are from a 1920's billiards table.

Clear differences. Not sure i'm seeing any special bevel on the tournament table. I don't feel that i get any more 'undeserved' pots on the Star vs the antique table. My experience on both tables is provided i hit the balls in the middle of the pockets, they go in.
                        Very little "fall" on the slate on the Star table, anything hitting a jaw there is likely to stay up.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yeh, I pm'd Neil a couple of months back and he replied, but not seen anything since. Hopefully he's well. 👍

Btw Nifty was your old Monika "big Andy G " or big Meek? Some folks here been on longer than their current tags suggest. 😉
                          Yeah I was waiting for that. But it's not the length that matters, it's what you do with it.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yeah I was waiting for that. But it's not the length that matters, it's what you do with it.

-
                            That's not what the bunny girls think mate.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

CC. Can’t seem to reply to your post. Been like that for ages.
                              I was Big Meek but got frozen out (not for bad behaviour) so had to re-register. I joined circa 2010.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                                CC. Can’t seem to reply to your post. Been like that for ages.
                                I was Big Meek but got frozen out (not for bad behaviour) so had to re-register. I joined circa 2010.
                                Yeh seems a bit weird the quote thing, differs on platforms. Thanks for that though, nice to know my brain still gets some things right.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X