Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

He said after he lost to Gary Wilson he would give the world's a go and if he didn't play well he would walk away from the game, so I'm basing it on his own statement.
    Very surprised at that, didn't see it, thanks.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by fatfreddy View Post

I'm unsure if you are referring to VMAX's table or mine, however the 1920's table in the photos I shared is not a B+W table and does not have steel block cushions.
      Yeah sorry should have made that clearer, it was Vmaxes table.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Sorry Foulds and Hendon, but that red hit the cushion a mile from the pocket. Why the hell should that have gone in?

Comment

Makes a nice change hearing Steve Davis in commentary, calm and selective observations. Mutes down Doherty's exuberance a bit.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

So Selby out in the first round, has to be classed as upset of the tournament for me. I know Luca was defending champ but he's had a **** season and suffering from illness, thought Selby would give a better account of himself. Both of last years finalists out, that must be rare.

Comment

Rare indeed. Happened previously in 2016 when Bingham and Murphy both lost in the 1st round. And then you have to go all the way back to 1980 when Griffiths and Taylor both lost their opening match, although they only entered the tournament at the last 16 stage back then.

Comment

http://
                Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

That's a B and W table is it not? Does it have the stretchers on the legs?
                I used to play on one, middle pocket bounce outs are common with them as far as I know ,also the low profile steel block cushions can give you a slight bounce on the cue ball I found.fantastic tables to play on though and a proper test.
                Yes it is and it does have the stretchers, posted a picture of it on the forum a few years ago and it was confirmed as one but with a one off non standard top that surrounds the pockets. It's in a bit of a state right now as it's been neglected somewhat but you're right, the middles are very suspect, not vey deep and rather narrower than usual; It hasn't been re-clothed yet, I was told last night maybe in june but to be honest it needs refurbishment before that's done and I might volunteer myself to have a go at it, after all it's woodwork isn't it and that's what I do.

Last edited by vmax; 22 April 2024, 05:55 PM.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Good win for Maguire. I love it when he punches the table
                  sigpic
                  Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Three baldies out in the arena tonight: Wilson, Bingham and the ref Verhaas. Is that the first time that has happened in a match?
                    sigpic
                    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Yes it is and it does have the stretchers, posted a picture of it on the forum a few years ago and it was confirmed as one but with a one off non standard top that surrounds the pockets. It's in a bit of a state right now as it's been neglected somewhat but you're right, the middles are very suspect, not vey deep and rather narrower than usual; It hasn't been re-clothed yet, I was told last night maybe in june but to be honest it needs refurbishment before that's done and I might volunteer myself to have a go at it, after all it's woodwork isn't it and that's what I do.

Really interesting table that Vmax,pockets like mouses ears.
                      the one I played on the club owner started sanding it back,gave up and it ended up a bit of a mess but he was a brickie.

Comment

• Pang’s timing looks very uncomfortable and it’s difficult to watch. Just when you think he should pull the trigger, he lingers with two or three more addresses. Just hit the damn ball, will you?!
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I haven't really seen any big shocks as yet, I guess given the inconsistent season many have had, the days of big shocks are over. Simply because as we've seen, anyone outside the top 16 can beat the top players on any given day and first round crucible exits, every player has experienced.

Selby's loss doesn't surprise me, I said it would probably happen, credit to O'Connor though, that's the best performance from the qualifiers so far. I'm a little surprised at Gary Wilson losing, I thought given his season he could have a decent run, but Bingham is a dangerous player and can still conjure up a win and he's always a strong scorer, however Wilson was pretty poor and never really tested him.

I think Williams is in for a battle, Si has certainly showed no signs of weakness, though that would be a surprise win if he were to beat Williams. Looking forward to the games today, Lisowski v Ding could be quite special, I'm also intrigued to see how Dom gets on, he hasn't been at the crucible for a while and I always enjoy watching him and his mannerisms. Finally John Higgins gets underway but Jamie Jones is a hard opponent. If Higgins wins that, he could go deep as the draw in that half has opened up, if he can get past a potential clash with Allen in the 2nd round that is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Really interesting table that Vmax,pockets like mouses ears.
                            the one I played on the club owner started sanding it back,gave up and it ended up a bit of a mess but he was a brickie.
                            Indeed, a very interesting table. I like a bit of Patina on old tables and if it was mine, I wouldn't be worried about the chips, dents and scrapes (unless structural) and would be giving it a good clean up with some wire wool and polish reviver before considering sanding, and, if successful, apply a few coats of a decent finishing wax. Sanding back to bare wood would be a last resort for me.

I've seen other 'mouse ear' tables but not one with 'framed' pockets like Vmax's

Comment

• Should we rename this thread to something like "Show us your old tables and pockets"...?

"Cmon, Dom!" by the way...
                              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by fatfreddy View Post

Indeed, a very interesting table. I like a bit of Patina on old tables and if it was mine, I wouldn't be worried about the chips, dents and scrapes (unless structural) and would be giving it a good clean up with some wire wool and polish reviver before considering sanding, and, if successful, apply a few coats of a decent finishing wax. Sanding back to bare wood would be a last resort for me.

I've seen other 'mouse ear' tables but not one with 'framed' pockets like Vmax's

Love it! I've never seen that double legs at the corners before.
                                I take it that's a private table, it doesn't look like a club surroundings.
                                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 23 April 2024, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X