Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

When watching at home I always have one of my guitars on my lap... but that's just noodling, not practising
    Glad it's not just me, though in my case I'm practising / noodling with my rudiments.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by fatfreddy View Post

Glad it's not just me, though in my case I'm practising / noodling with my rudiments.....
      "rudiments"... is that french for your naughty bits?
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

"rudiments"... is that french for your naughty bits?
        😀, got to do something to keep my fingers and wrists nice and supple 😉😂

(in truth meant drum rudiments)

Comment

• Looking at that Barry Hearn interview and it looks nailed on there's only 3 years left at the crucible if even that. Laying the groundwork to blame the council when they do eventually chase the money. Although he mooted the idea of it moving year on year - which is more palatable than straight moving it to Saudi.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fatfreddy View Post

😀, got to do something to keep my fingers and wrists nice and supple 😉😂

(in truth meant drum rudiments)
            (in truth I did know that (in fact I'm (kind of) practising some herta pattern stuff myself on guitar right now) but the opportunity was just to tempting^^)
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerfollower View Post
              Looking at that Barry Hearn interview and it looks nailed on there's only 3 years left at the crucible if even that. Laying the groundwork to blame the council when they do eventually chase the money. Although he mooted the idea of it moving year on year - which is more palatable than straight moving it to Saudi.
              Consider prices doubled for 2027 then (and tripled any year after that)...
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Annoyingly both the Beeb and Eurosport are sticking with the ROS match instead of showing us the final session of the Allen match...even as ROS is already 4-0 up.

Comment

When watching at home I always have one of my guitars on my lap... but that's just noodling, not practising
                  Ditto.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Is there a player on the circuit who looks more 'up for it' than Jamie Jones? Love his attitude. 👊

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• What a pot from Day on that green in the right corner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        What a pot from Day on that green in the right corner.
                        Yes from the brink of defeat he has clawed it back. He seems like a very good player Day but just too inconsistent, hopefully he keeps
                        it together. Hawkins has made a few errors which is not really like him, I would have picked him before the match as he is so solid. Surprised
                        he could not finish it when he got to 8 frames.

Comment

• Lots of surprises with top players going out. This year's champion will be either O'Sullivan or a qualifier who never won before.

Comment

• To the trivia buffs/statisticians here:
                            Just curious...In Crucible history, what is the fewest number of frames LOST (in total) by the winner? (who and when?) Thanks if anyone knows this.

Comment

• For any trivia buffs or statisticians:
                              I am curious...What is the fewest number of frames lost (in total) for a Crucible winner? And of course, who? And what year? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
                                Lots of surprises with top players going out. This year's champion will be either O'Sullivan or a qualifier who never won before.
                                It's definitely Ronnie's to lose. To be honest given the lack of form and consistency from many of the top 16, it's really exposed how rankings mean so little. I think there is a strong argument that the WC needs a refresh and maybe the top 16 should be part of qualifying now to reach the last 32. So many of them were coming into this in poor form, I don't think it's much of a surprise that Selby and Luca went out, and others like Zhang and Hawkins were only in because of form earlier in the season.

8 Seeds gone which equals the record of most knocked out and still 2 matches to be completed, though Ronnie is certainly through which just leaves Higgins and that is finely poised. That proves the point that the security and benefits of being in the top 16 is too much of an advantage and maybe needs tweaking? Maybe just the top 8 should automatically qualify, just to make things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X