Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
    I think this is great... this has been a very enjoyable, tense and intense final with a deserved winner Kyren Wilson. He's clearly not the most talented snooker player in the world but he has put so much work and effort into into it during the last four years and finally, through will and consistency, he got there. And i'm pretty sure he's gonna embrace this, he loves this game so much, he won't get subdued under this title like Luca got somewhat. Congratulations!

And Jak absolutely has been a pleasant suprise throughout the whole tournament, I didn't think he would be able to up his game like he did in the last session but he almost got there. Congrats to him, too.
    Subdued or went on the drink for 12 months?
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• I wonder if Kyren still thinks about the snooker breakaway tour and what Mr Hearn thinks about Kyren's victory.

Comment

• Very strange tournament with a final full of twitched misses, Barry Stark said years ago that Wilson would win the world title, it's probably not in his top five overall performances that he eventually gets his hands on the trophy
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Good to see Barry Startk too.
          Yes. I saw Barry in the crowd after the semi, and went and shook his hand and thanked him for all the YouTube videos. "My pleasure!" he beamed.

So I'm happy to see him on the floor of the Crucible, getting his hands on the trophy too.

Anyone else think Jak Jones (where's the 'c', anyway?) is the spitting image of Zach Galifianakis?

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 23.00.14.png
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
            I think this is great... this has been a very enjoyable, tense and intense final with a deserved winner Kyren Wilson. He's clearly not the most talented snooker player in the world but he has put so much work and effort into into it during the last four years and finally, through will and consistency, he got there. And i'm pretty sure he's gonna embrace this, he loves this game so much, he won't get subdued under this title like Luca got somewhat. Congratulations!
            And Jak absolutely has been a pleasant suprise throughout the whole tournament, I didn't think he would be able to up his game like he did in the last session but he almost got there. Congrats to him, too.
            Yes Kyren’s victory made me think back to Peter Ebdon. Not the most talented of players but a terrific will to win.

Comment

• Looking back i think Mark Allen's missed rest shot at 62-0 in the 25th frame against Higgins was a pivotal moment of the tournament, he may well have won the whole thing if that went in.

He could end up as the best player to never win the World's, he's still only 38 so plenty of years left.

Comment

• Fantastic well done Kyren. Finally did it. And with an epic Peter Endon roar as well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post

Yes. I saw Barry in the crowd after the semi, and went and shook his hand and thanked him for all the YouTube videos. "My pleasure!" he beamed.

So I'm happy to see him on the floor of the Crucible, getting his hands on the trophy too.

Anyone else think Jak Jones (where's the 'c', anyway?) is the spitting image of Zach Galifianakis?

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 23.00.14.png
                  Or a Jackson Page ringer too!?!?!?

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                    Looking back i think Mark Allen's missed rest shot at 62-0 in the 25th frame against Higgins was a pivotal moment of the tournament, he may well have won the whole thing if that went in.

He could end up as the best player to never win the World's, he's still only 38 so plenty of years left.
                    Ding????????

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Ding????????
                      Well i don't think Ding is better than Allen but granted who is better of the two is largely subjective.

Comment

• Mark Allen has definitely inherited Kyron Wilson's "best player never to have won the WC" crown. But I just find him too tedious to watch now. There's a difference between "slow" players (eg Jak Jones is on the slowish side) and medium fast players who have slowed their game down out of matchplay gamesmanship (Allen).

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                          Mark Allen has definitely inherited Kyron Wilson's "best player never to have won the WC" crown. But I just find him too tedious to watch now. There's a difference between "slow" players (eg Jak Jones is on the slowish side) and medium fast players who have slowed their game down out of matchplay gamesmanship (Allen).
                          I still think it's Ding Junhui, best player never to win the WC.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post

I don't disagree - but as David Hendon once said on his podcast "So which year? Which was the year that Ding was better than everyone else but somehow got robbed, or collapsed?" ie not just a generic "Ding's really really good but never won it".

Comment

• I may have missed it but did Kyren give Barry Stark any mention at all?
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post

I agree. Either him or the late great Paul Hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X