Power Snooker 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cally View Post
    The blonde presenters twitter...(sarah stone) https://twitter.com/#!/sarah_stone

"so many positive comments" she says....lol.

So don't know what she been reading...
    Ortis Deley twitted something to that effect after his first day presenting World Athletics. Some of these presenters are ****ing delusional narcissists!!

Mat Wilson
    Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

Originally Posted by fateric View Post
      Ortis Deley twitted something to that effect after his first day presenting World Athletics. Some of these presenters are ****ing delusional narcissists!!

Mat Wilson
      I'm sure that they know it's a pile of crap it's their job to big it up they are getting paid and for some of them maybe the first if not the last time there be on national TV. lol

Comment

If Power snooker is the direction that snooker is heading in, then I see a grim future for the game! Even the players look seriously uncomfortable with the whole format. Don't even get me started on the walk-ons and that so called walk-on band, awful.... just absolutely awful.
        Roll on 2:30 and the Darts on Sky, it's painful seeing snooker treated like this.

Comment

who still wants to watch
          http://www.filmon.com/tv/htmlmain/#ITV4
          if doesnt play immediately, click on itv4 on the left

Comment

PowerSnooker has Pros and Cons for me. I like the format as far as the game is concerned, but the whole show around it is not neccessary, if not embarassing at times.
            The players enjoy it most of the times.

Could this be the future of Snooker? Definetely not.

Is it a nice little one-year occurance, where you can take a small break from regular snooker? I think it is.
            So it's not all that bad

Comment

a better day today but to much like pool for me

Comment

They should scrap this tournament and just add more 6-red and 10-red events with a shot clock, if they really want a faster product.

Snooker is stun-and-screw, pool is spin-and-follow. You need a nap to play snooker. This failed experiment was obviously created by people who don't play cuesports.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                  maybe a stupid question..... can the players hear the commentators? The reason I ask is there seems to be an echo on them as if their voice is being pumped into the arena. An absolutely terrible idea if it is true.
                  Yes I think you're right, must be very distracting on top of everything else.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
                    They should scrap this tournament and just add more 6-red and 10-red events with a shot clock, if they really want a faster product.

Snooker is stun-and-screw, pool is spin-and-follow. You need a nap to play snooker. This failed experiment was obviously created by people who don't play cuesports.
                    I've played on this cloth on a pool table and didn't like it a all. I certainly don't want to see it on a snooker table.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sixofclubs View Post
                      Snooker for the ADD, binge drinking, illiterate generation. Players who can't be arsed (Ding Junhui for one), referees who don't know the rules and can't count (Jan vdh), bimbo presenters and shopping mall acoustics make for the biggest mess ever seen on British TV in the name of sporting experimentation. I assume the players are being well remunerated, otherwise why are they bothering? They know this is sh#t and can't even hide it (Ali Carter, for one).

Yet, I still watched 20 minutes of it, thinking at least it might get someone to visit a snooker club...

20/20 cricket hasn't killed off an even more traditional game than snooker and this probably won't kill real snooker but you do wonder sometimes...
                      Originally Posted by beechy1212 View Post
                      You will have to point out to me where i said ''blonde's don't know anything about Snooker.'' Take your time.

This women, however, is thick. She can't speak without getting words wrong. She's also got the names wrong. Ronnie Sullivan and Justin Trump.

If you don't get professionals in and do a proper job, it's a ded end before it starts.

The live band are awful. The walk on takes forever. Mark Allen's walk on music was Tonight's gonna be a good night. It was 2 o clock in the afternoon.

Like i said, the game itself i don't mind. It's something a bit different. Not everyones cup of tea, which is fair enough but the whole set up is appalling. As amaturish as it gets. Even the expensive seats & tables are at the same level as the Snooker table. How can you see anything?
                      That "blonde bimbo" that doesn't know anything, actually has a degree in Law and German. So maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental. Probably more intelligent than the average user on here.

Comment

• I just can' stand those 'drunks' who seemly have just come in from the Football making fools of themselves, thanks goodness you don't have any of this at the Crucible

Comment

• I don't understand this constant reference to drunks and football. Not every one who go's to football gets drunk or is a hooligan.
                          Lets make no mistake these ppl are there because they are snooker fans!

Comment

• I was not referring to them as hooligans, and certainly was not classing all those there as hooligans, I just think some of them are a little over the top, I did not mean to cause offence

Comment

• A pity Selby didn't have time to think to play the brown into the middle from baulk - would have been worth 16 instead of 8 and he'd have won by a single point in the last second!

Comment

• Whatever the opinions on the game, one thing is for sure and that is Ronnie is playing the best Snooker i've seen him play for a long time. He was red hot in the last PTC and last Thursday in the league. His performance tonight versus Robertson, is scary. He is simply unplayable.

Comment

Working...
                                X