No announcement yet.

International Championship 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Trump apologise for fluking that red .

Comment

• Players should sign their autographs at the end,how many overseas countries put up £600k tournaments?

Comment

• Flukes happen in snooker all the time and I really dont see a
        need for players to apologize. Its part of the game.

I was happy to see Trump win as he is an awesome player who
        makes a lot of good breaks.

The rest of the matches will hopefully provide some exciting snooker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
          Flukes happen in snooker all the time and I really dont see a
          need for players to apologize. Its part of the game.

I was happy to see Trump win as he is an awesome player who
          makes a lot of good breaks.

The rest of the matches will hopefully provide some exciting snooker.
          Its common courtesy , well it was and still is in the amateur game and mainly in the pro aswell .

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            Its common courtesy , well it was and still is in the amateur game and mainly in the pro aswell .
            Not when emoid is playing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Did Trump apologise for fluking that red .
              ive never understood the apology for a fluke growing up your taught to apologise if you have done something wrong what have you done wrong if u get a fluke?
              Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                ive never understood the apology for a fluke growing up your taught to apologise if you have done something wrong what have you done wrong if u get a fluke?
                You have had the massive stroke of luck that may have cost your opponent a fame , the match , a lot of money , ranking points etc . I know its luck and cant be helped but the least you can do is hold your hand up . Its supposed to be a game of etiquette after all .

Comment

• Forgot to say , for me its the difference of liking someone as a person and proffesional or not , it shows a lack of class and a lot arrogance .

Comment

• Snooker is a game invented by a gentleman for gentlemen when honour and integrity and manners and morals were important although ladies can now play.

Even if you detest your opponent and desperately want to beat them, you don't try to do so at all costs, you should try to do so within the original spirit of the game.

Back in the day, if you really hated your opponent you could ask him outside for a duel to the death after the game, but you still didn't cheat, waste time and you call your own fouls even if in doubt and apologise for any luck.

We can't all be the best but we can all play the game as it is supposed to be played.

That's my opinion anyway, I know it's out of date in today's society.

You are what you do.

Comment

• Lovely start from Lu. I was afraid he would succumb to the pressure, but he is showing no nerves yet. Robertson won't panic of course, but it would be nice if Lu could put him under more pressure now. :smile:

Comment

• If he goes on to win the thing I would say it's a certainty that Barry would arrange a wildcard to the masters for him.

Comment

• And there you go again, Robertson called for a foul by the excellent Belgian referee who must be the best ref in the game and Robertson queries it, he clearly moved the red with his cue and I know they are concentrating but how can you not know you have fouled like that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                            And there you go again, Robertson called for a foul by the excellent Belgian referee who must be the best ref in the game and Robertson queries it, he clearly moved the red with his cue and I know they are concentrating but how can you not know you have fouled like that?
                            It wasn't that obvious that he fouled till we got to see the replay. Robertson was entitled to query it. Yes, Oliver Marteel has shown to be a very competent referee, but i wouldn't go so far as to say he's the best in the game..
                            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Credit to Robertson, he is giving Lu the respect he deserves, trying everything to get that 3rd frame. Lu holds on though...

What a chance now for a good lead at the interval...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                                Credit to Robertson, he is giving Lu the respect he deserves, trying everything to get that 3rd frame. Lu holds on though...

What a chance now for a good lead at the interval...
                                I would say Lyu needs this fourth frame more so than Robertson. One feels it's only a matter of time before Robertson stamps his authority in this quarter-final..
                                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X