No announcement yet.

SangSom 6 Red World Championship 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they aren't using the STAR tables for this one? The pockets seem to be larger than usual in my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by krill View Post
      Looks like they aren't using the STAR tables for this one? The pockets seem to be larger than usual in my opinion.
      They are using Shender tables, same ones they are using in amateur tournaments, so they are a little bit easier.

Comment

Dandy:

Thanks for the info. I am on Eastern Standard Time which is 5hrs behind whatever time is being used in Britain right now. We are always 5hr difference to Britain both summer and winter. So I guess it's the 11pm to 6:30am and I sure won't see much.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          Dandy:

Thanks for the info. I am on Eastern Standard Time which is 5hrs behind whatever time is being used in Britain right now. We are always 5hr difference to Britain both summer and winter. So I guess it's the 11pm to 6:30am and I sure won't see much.

Terry
          yep, that sounds right Terry ... being really pedantic, I think you're on EDT (the daylight saving version of EST) assuming you change by 1hr at the end of March and October but the calculations are still correct

Comment

how is the last 32 sorted from the group stages I.E. does winner of group A play the 4th place player in group H and 2nd placed place player in group B plays 3rd place player from group G, does anybody know the format because I cannot find any info on this unless it is on the www.snooker website
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

I actually got to watch Robertson this morning. They must have been running very late or else it was recorded. Test pattern after that though.

Terry
              Terry Davidson

Comment

in the UK the Robertson match was broadcasted on Eurosport at 09:00 BST and the next match was broadcasted at 11:30 so a good hour between end and start of the matches
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by krill View Post
                  Originally Posted by Vitikka View Post
                  They are using Shender tables, same ones they are using in amateur tournaments, so they are a little bit easier.
                  I believe Shender tables use the IBSF templates, which are "a little bit easier" than WPBSA templates.
                  Terry D, you mentioned these templates before in other posts, can you clarify?
                  cheers

Comment

Anyone know why the referee and the scoreboard is calling Wattana, "Ratchapol".

Comment

he was born Wattana Pu-Ob-Orm, choose James when he turned pro, and then changed to Ratchapol Pu-Ob-Orm in 2003, not sure why the last change?

Comment

DeanH (and others):

If the mechanical drawing I have here can be believed and I'm fairly certain they are as I got them from Moglet and he did mechanical drawings of the WPBSA templates and I also have a set of IBSF templates made by Wiraka and I have a set of B&SCC template drawings, also from Moglet (who I haven't seen on here for awhile now).

I can guarantee you the easiest pockets are the WPBSA templates, especially the middle pockets. The hardest pockets are the IBSF templates and to my mind the best templates are the B&SCC which seem to me to be fairest of them all. I'm not sure what templates Shender has used on this table in the 6 red but I watched Neil Robertson play his last black off the spot (I think, but maybe is was closer to the cushion) of his match today and he hit the top cushion around 1" from the pocket opening with a very slow shot and it sort of tumbled in.

That shot would never have gone on my table and mine is right about WPBSA templates although the edge of the slate has been rounded so they would be a bit easier than the Star pro tables.

I think the pockets in the 6-red tournament are easier than the WPBSA templates even. Of course we won't see the stats on the number of centuries so who will ever know?

Terry
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

DeanH (and others):

If the mechanical drawing I have here can be believed and I'm fairly certain they are as I got them from Moglet and he did mechanical drawings of the WPBSA templates and I also have a set of IBSF templates made by Wiraka and I have a set of B&SCC template drawings, also from Moglet (who I haven't seen on here for awhile now).

I can guarantee you the easiest pockets are the WPBSA templates, especially the middle pockets. The hardest pockets are the IBSF templates and to my mind the best templates are the B&SCC which seem to me to be fairest of them all. I'm not sure what templates Shender has used on this table in the 6 red but I watched Neil Robertson play his last black off the spot (I think, but maybe is was closer to the cushion) of his match today and he hit the top cushion around 1" from the pocket opening with a very slow shot and it sort of tumbled in.

That shot would never have gone on my table and mine is right about WPBSA templates although the edge of the slate has been rounded so they would be a bit easier than the Star pro tables.

I think the pockets in the 6-red tournament are easier than the WPBSA templates even. Of course we won't see the stats on the number of centuries so who will ever know?

Terry
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

I can't help but feel that the snooker is not as "real" when the pockets are too easy. But at least it is not as bad as the pockets in the Snooker Legends Cup back in May. Have a look at this shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csJ7i8X0pR8

Comment

Neil Robertson certainly gave Jimmy White a thrashing (5-0).

Frame scores: 66-0, 51-17, 49-0, 69-0 and 40-16.

Jimmy only scored 33 points in a best of 9. Average of just over 6 points a frame.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Neil Robertson certainly gave Jimmy White a thrashing (5-0).

Frame scores: 66-0, 51-17, 49-0, 69-0 and 40-16.

Jimmy only scored 33 points in a best of 9. Average of just over 6 points a frame.

Jimmy White needs to hang it up, the point where its embarrassing for him to be playing was reached several years ago and he still trundles on under the deluded impression its possible for him to win the Worlds. More chance of me winning the lottery jackpot 2 weeks in a row. He can still do exhibitions etc, but his competitive days ended about 10 years ago.

Used to love watching White play but the writing is on the wall, coulda been a multi time world champion but preferred to be out on the **** instead of preparing properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X