X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    Is the guy in front of the little boy who coughed the guy who wears Cov shirts at the Crucible and who is off here?
    That would be FRB - Front Row Brian I believe, I dont think he is on TSF? With his dad I think but where's the missus? maybe see her at the weekend

For mid-week I think the audience has not been too bad, not that the seating is huge anyway, should be better today and onwards I suspect.

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    You leave pansy tennis out of it! =p Final frame deciders is what makes the game of snooker get some drama...
    But there could be loads of extra drama possible.

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    if ever there was a match that should have been called a draw this was it because no-one deserved to loose.
    Maybe World Snooker could introduce a must win by 2 frames format for finals and semi-finals. Could be some epic matches.

What do people think of that idea?
    You leave pansy tennis out of it! =p Final frame deciders is what makes the game of snooker get some drama...

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Maybe World Snooker could introduce a must win by 2 frames format for finals and semi-finals. Could be some epic matches.

I've actually thought about that before... It would be interesting to see a match that was supposed to be best-of-19 go 17-15, or something like that. But ultimately it would kill the unique kind of drama and tension that only a decider can produce. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    if ever there was a match that should have been called a draw this was it because no-one deserved to loose.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    That was a great match pure snooker - Robertson and Carter both produced a absolutely quality match that had everything -great break building - seven centuries in 11 games - fantastic safety - superb long potting and a nervy decider - Carter might be gutted but both players played great and if ever there was a match that should have been called a draw this was it because no-one deserved to loose.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Just a quick nod to ITV if it hasn't been done already. Not brilliant crowds - or particularly enthusiastic, but I've been quite impressed by the amount of coverage the channel are giving this. The presenter feels a little awkward at times - she's certainly no Hazel - but impressed overall.

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    that pot that got him out of trouble was just tremendous.
    Yes, that was a fantastic pot!

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Lovely match, can't beat a midnight finish. :smile:
    I couldn't agree more, one of the best matches I've seen in ages!!

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    Well, well, well what a miss from Carter!!

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Lovely match, can't beat a midnight finish. :smile:

Robertson played some good safety in the decider, and that pot that got him out of trouble was just tremendous. He could have made a winning break from that, but his scoring deserted him at the wrong time. Lucky for Carter to miss a sitter in the end...

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Twitchy bum time on the green by Carter
    Yep, he really should have got that one . . .

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Twitchy bum time on the green by Carter

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
    Decider! Best possible ending.
    Robertson winning the decider. Best possible ending

Leave a comment:

• streamer45