No announcement yet.

World Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wanting to see Murphy win - nothing at all against Selby, but he's of course fared better over the past few years, so I wanted to see the underdog of sorts emerge victorious - but I was halfway wanting to see Selby win that last frame, regardless. The snooker-laying play of his for those last... what was it, 20 minutes or so?... was a joy to watch. That was quite the compelling final frame.

Who knows how it may have turned-out had he not missed that golden opportunity to get it to 8-7, instead of 9-6, in the prior frame. Nonetheless, that was a fine frame, indeed, upon which to conclude the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Atypical Male View Post
      Who knows how it may have turned-out had he not missed that golden opportunity to get it to 8-7, instead of 9-6, in the prior frame. Nonetheless, that was a fine frame, indeed, upon which to conclude the tournament.

That was a huge point in the match, the opening red and clearance that followed were pure class, Shaun has made a lot of changes and it looks to be paying off, every credit to the lad.
      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• I have to agree about the tournaments in china being a sham, we only have to look halfway through this season to India's first ranking tournament and it was brilliant, it was almost full to capacity at all times unlike the chinese events.

If this is indeed where snookers going, according to B.H, then he needs to do something about the overall attendance the management of the tournament and spectators ignorance.

That said well done Shaun Murphy.

Comment

• Shaun made some big changes to improve his game and
          its nice to see it all come together for him.

Comment

• I've still not seen a ball potted of this match. Been out most of the day but congratulations to Shaun.

I'll catch up later today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
              Indeed. And Ding Junhui is supposed to be China's fourth most popular sportsman.
              Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
              I have to agree about the tournaments in china being a sham, we only have to look halfway through this season to India's first ranking tournament and it was brilliant, it was almost full to capacity at all times unlike the chinese events.

If this is indeed where snookers going, according to B.H, then he needs to do something about the overall attendance the management of the tournament and spectators ignorance.
              The Chinese-hosted tournaments have been like this from the off, and it's not the first time I've said so. The first time I talked about the fans' ignorance of the game over there, I was accused of being a racist, but I still maintain it's true. Forget the stupid, movie-star welcomes, red carpets and 14-year school girls screaming for autographs... this isn't a sign of genuine interest in the game itself, but a cultural attitude towards fanism.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I think you're right, the Chinese people seem more interested in hero worshipping the players than having an interest in the actual game!
                After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Working...
                X