Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Well done Anthony McGill beating Judd Trump for the first time
    Very well played indeed. Must be over 90% pots by McGill.
    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Well done Anthony McGill beating Judd Trump for the first time in a pro event (5-0 previously)
      a good match
      Yes. A really good match. Felt sorry for Trump in the end. Anthony held his fudge well. The final yellow at distance was class.

unfortunately have to watch all the remaining matches online as Eurosport again has decided not to show the semis & final live

but I have found sportlemon listing with Eurosport commentary
      What?

Comment

Trump had the match won until he tried a
        long red and missed allowing McGill in as
        he wasnt in the match until that point.
        Nice win for Hawkins.
        Looks like some great snooker to come.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          Yes. A really good match. Felt sorry for Trump in the end. Anthony held his fudge well. The final yellow at distance was class.
          especially after missing it off its spot the previous attempt

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          What?
          unless you see something I don't, 20:00 in UK for non live coverage
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

trump was really unlucky throughout the match to be fair. He also lost a frame that McGill stole after Trump played a blue off the baulk cushion to nudge the red on the right hand cushion nearer the pocket, narrowly missed it on the way down and cueball went in off. Mcgill stole that frame.

Then Trump was in the balls twice in the decider, got a kick on a red at the start but McGill failed to capitalise, then Trump got in with a really good chance to win frame and match and had a succession of kicks which cost him position and eventually missed a tricky mid range red leading McGill in again. Just simply not Trump's day.

Comment

of course Selby/Hawkins match is on the TV table, but I would really have liked to see the Allen/McGill match

Comment

unfortunately have to watch all the remaining matches online as Eurosport again has decided not to show the semis & final live

but I have found sportlemon listing with Eurosport commentary
                Yes, Eurosport cutting their own throats once again, it's not even on their player ap! Maybe if the players were zipping round the table on 2 wheels they'd be interested.

This combined with the horrendous but inevitable greed fueled decision to have IN-FRAME adverts during some matches is enough for me to cancel my subscription. Hahasport here I come.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  trump was really unlucky throughout the match to be fair. He also lost a frame that McGill stole after Trump played a blue off the baulk cushion to nudge the red on the right hand cushion nearer the pocket, narrowly missed it on the way down and cueball went in off. Mcgill stole that frame.

Then Trump was in the balls twice in the decider, got a kick on a red at the start but McGill failed to capitalise, then Trump got in with a really good chance to win frame and match and had a succession of kicks which cost him position and eventually missed a tricky mid range red leading McGill in again. Just simply not Trump's day.
                  That is one way of looking at it. I thought that Anthony had no luck in the match - he had a couple of really unfortunate Knicks that let Judd in. The kick that Judd had to let Anthony in was 2 shots after an outrageous fluke to start his break!

That frame steal (2nd frame) was a brilliant clearance IMO rather than a 'steal'

Guess it would be boring if we all saw things the same!

Comment

Well played Selby! Another marvellous comeback!

Comment

Riga (Latvia) Open - ET1 Aug 7 - 10 2014

yep well done Selby
                      Allen played well and a good tournament
                      all round a good event. hope Riga stays on the calendar

Comment

'The worst person to go 3-0 up with' (Mark A in the post match interview)
                        Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

I think Mark let Mark off the hook there, big time. (Well somebody's got to do it, it's tradition isn't it? )
                          Good win in the end though for Selby, obviously.

But I think they'll be brushing up on they're local knowledge of Riga if they go again next year!

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Just saw the highlights on Eurosport. Top win for Selby. A class act.

Comment

Great looking ref there!!! Very classy
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X