No announcement yet.

SHANGHAI MASTERS Sept 8 - 14, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah could be, i have noticed the off colour too, i thought someone had been playing with the contrast on my tv.
    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Referees don't know what to do lol, 5 people now discussing the situation

Comment

Hehe, chinese refs unaware of the rule change that the 3 miss rule now means you only have to hit the object ball full ball rather than hitting both sides.

I'm not a qualified ref but I knew of the rule change. Begs the question why these so called pro refs are allowed to ref at pro standard and don't know the rules!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Hehe, chinese refs unaware of the rule change that the 3 miss rule now means you only have to hit the object ball full ball rather than hitting both sides.

I'm not a qualified ref but I knew of the rule change. Begs the question why these so called pro refs are allowed to ref at pro standard and don't know the rules!
          with the position shown in the graphic I don't even think Murphy could have hit that full

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post

Well, for a start, there hasn't been any rule change! It really begs the question why people like Mike Hallett can get a job commentating on snooker when they continuously display their ignorance about the rules. He was misleading the audience for at least a decade, saying how you needed to hit both sides in this scenario, and now that he has repeatedly been shown wrong he has invented a story about how "the rule was changed this year". It winds me up! And Philip Studd just accepts this nonsense without correcting him.

As for the situation itself, it's impossible to know what the referee was saying. I didn't get the feeling he was ignorant about the rules, but rather that he was insisting the full-ball contact wasn't actually available...

Comment

The rewrite of the rules (Aug2014) and specifically the rewrite of the F&M rule is discussed on another thread.

The rule has not "changed" as such but the wording has been; to attempt to alleviate misunderstandings
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good break from Murphy in the end... He really should have been in control at 3-1, but he looked very beatable at 2-2 with a bunch of mistakes and nervy shots. There aren't going to be any easy games in this quarter, so he needs to raise his game in the following rounds. :smile:

Comment

What to watch? Good start from O'Sullivan against McManus, but I would kind of like to see Liang against Yan Bingtao as well, the young man in the balls now with a good chance... :smile:

Comment

Finally able to watch the match on sports lemon. First time seeing McManus wearing a glove. Too humid in the arena?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
                      Finally able to watch the match on sports lemon. First time seeing McManus wearing a glove. Too humid in the arena?
                      Is he also wearing his troosers?

Comment

Ronnie losing on purpose again. He must really hate China.

Comment

Lol. You mean the fancy one that he wore for WSC? Nope.

Comment

O'Sullivan is beaten by McManus and Wenbo out too.

There seems to always be surprises.

Looking forward to tomorrow when Ding and
                            Trump play at the same time.
                            Last edited by robertmac; 8 September 2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Good stuff from McManus today, he potted some great balls. Last year around this time he surprised Trump in a 1st round match in China, and now O'Sullivan...

Great win for Yan Bingtao as well, lovely break in the last frame to win it in one visit. He is another name to put alongside Lyu Haotian, Zhao Xintong and Zhou Yuelong, as possible future champions. :smile:

Comment

Just watching the final frame in the Swail vs Murphy match. It's been very scrappy and I don't think I've seen Murphy miss so many mid range balls. A real battle.

Looking forward to the O'Sullivan vs McManus match.

Comment

Working...
                                X