No announcement yet.

The Masters Jan 11 - 18, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a one-sided match this much. The 3rd frame in particular was one of the best frames of the season so far. :smile:

Robertson played ridiculously well... We have seen a couple of high-scoring matches this week, but Robertson wasn't just converting the easy chances, he made a couple of breaks from nowhere, and he played a couple of brilliant safety shots as well. The last frame summed it up really, Carter played a great split off the blue and somehow only finished on a tricky cut, then finished in baulk and played a tight snooker, only for Robertson to get a perfect escape off three cushions. And when Robertson got the chance everything went perfectly for him, like most of the evening. :smile:

It's got to be one of the best performances of the season, and it sets up a really exciting prospect with O'Sullivan in the semi-finals. In the last five years they have won seven triple crown events between them, while the four players in the bottom half of the draw have won none, so one would think the winner will come from the first semi-final. But all remaining players are playing pretty well, so you never know. :smile:

Comment

• You can get a good price on Murphy to win still the morning, 11-1 with cashout available also.

Got a feeling Ronnie or Robbo will win but some one from the bottom half has to make the final as well.

Ronnie is actually evens, which is not bad this far into an event.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
        You can get a good price on Murphy to win still the morning, 11-1 with cashout available also.

Got a feeling Ronnie or Robbo will win but some one from the bottom half has to make the final as well.

Ronnie is actually evens, which is not bad this far into an event.
        If Robbo continues to play like he did yesterday then there will be only one winner this year.
        On the other hand. If Robbo does play like that and Ronnie still manages to beat him then it will go down as the greatest session of snooker ever

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          If Robbo continues to play like he did yesterday then there will be only one winner this year.
          On the other hand. If Robbo does play like that and Ronnie still manages to beat him then it will go down as the greatest session of snooker ever

There is no way he will play that good again, everything that could of gone wrong went right yesterday it was just him playing the top of his game and the run going with him, O'Sullivan had the same kind og game against Waldon when he thrashed him.

I think O'Sullivan picks his game up the later into the tournaments he gets and i expect him to raise a gear against Robertson, although a cracking match to watch im guessing cant wait.

Comment

I see your two girlfriends are in the front row again daffie
            Ah my sweethearts They do look lovely don't they...

Couldn't watch anymore last night, I just hate one-sided matches. Well played Neil though.

Hopefully today will prove to be a tense and dramatic snooker bonanza! :snooker:
            Last edited by daffie; 16 January 2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
              This is precisely why no one would convince me that the last Robbo match did not have something fishy ... This performance is about 972 times better than his last showing barring the last 3 frames
              Does the number 972 have any particular significance?

Comment

• Some first frame! Fantastic... love it!

Comment

• What a scrappy frame. Glad to see Mark to win that one in the end

Comment

every event ROS is in the winner totally depends on him. If they are both at the top of there game ROS is 1. A better scorer 2. A better safety player 3. Has more bottle 4. More talent. I'm not sure there is a player in the game who has a favourable head to head against ROS. Selby probably has the best record against him and thats still in ROS favour I believe. Don't forget Neil was playing Ali who is a great player but has obviouly had minimal matches in recent times.

Comment

• Has that girl in the crowd dyed her hair rainbow coloured or has she got something on her head? Seems to have been there for a few matches in the same spot behind the players.

Comment

• Oh you noticed her also

Comment

• The Masters Jan 11 - 18, 2015

she and her friend have been at every match and we noticed them at the CoC as well
                          "the Goths" seems to becoming their nickname whether they are or not
                          but definitely snooker fans !
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Whats the seating capacity?

Comment

• Originally Posted by bingo View Post
                              Whats the seating capacity?
                              I believe it was 1500, but they have put in 200 extra seats this year.

Comment

• Thanks for the info daffie.

Mark seems to be cueing poorly

Comment

Working...
                                X