Clear All

Still sad Ronnie has withdrawn

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
      Ebdon vs Lawler. Cant think of even watching
      that match.
      Won't be 22 minutes

Comment

Dominic dales cue won't fit into the extension in the match against ebdon. He kept rubbing at the butt as if he'd damaged it somehow.

Comment

Ebdon vs Lawler
          3-2 to Ebdon
          start 19:30, end 22:36

some great snookers and safeties :wink:
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It was approx. 37 mins. per frame which is
            slow to watch for me. A friend and myself
            played 3 frames today and we averaged
            about 35 mins. per frame as we were both
            not playing well.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Ebdon vs Lawler
              3-2 to Ebdon
              start 19:30, end 22:36

some great snookers and safeties :wink:
              I'm watching this epic match over a couple of sessions (on youtube). It's good old fashion snooker

I also watched a couple of frames when Maflin. I don't think I've ever seen him play so bad. Missing just about every long pot and cueing across the white on simple shots. Terrible. He's normally an awesome potter.
              Last edited by cyberheater; 29 January 2015, 09:00 AM.

Comment

People, why on earth do you see this ??? go do something else.... completely waste of time.
                seeing Ebdon ? Lawler ? Maflin ?

Comment

I mean , I can imagine ronnie's face right after he moved from group 5 to 6....
                  "Oh my God , I get to play Ebdon again.....". The horror. The horror....
                  somebody , please kill me now...

Comment

Originally Posted by lironlad View Post
                    People, why on earth do you see this ??? go do something else.... completely waste of time.
                    Snooker not just about potting balls and big breaks. I like the slow stuff as well. The long drawn out frames. The ponderous and decisive way the old school green baize gladiators chalk their cues as they contemplate their next safety shot. It's like time slows down and we enter a gentler age. Smoking jackets and glasses of cognac as we unwrap our cigars as we retire to the games room for a frame or two of billiards.

Comment

Who says it is just potting balls ? I mean top players can play excellent safeties better than average players.
                      Murphy , Neil, Selby , Ronnie are all great safety players as well. But they attack when they see the opportunity....
                      Ebdon will not attack a ball on the jaws of the pocket.....
                      Why bother seeing average players if you can see great ones ???

Comment

Why bother seeing average players if you can see great ones ???
                        That sounds a bit elitist. So you think it's not worth watching unless a snooker player is in the top eight??

Comment

well done David Gilbert - 147 in CL7

also I believe he is clear at the top of the league at this time.

nice to see O'Brien and Ebdon to come over and shake his hand as well.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I've forgot that this is still on.

Comment

Not bad for one who barely practices

Comment

Because no matter who's playing, or to what standard, as long as they're fairly evenly matched, it's one of the most difficult, subtle and intensely fascinating sports ever known to man. Don't just watch the balls being potted, or not as the case may be, watch the players themselves and see what it means to them. Whether it's at the crucible or down at your local club, there's usually great drama to be had, so if you give it your full attention you'll rarely be bored by any snooker match. I don't know if you've ever played, but I think it helps your appreciation if you've had a go yourself.

On the other hand, it could simply be that we're different people and it just doesn't ring your bell the way it does mine.

-
                                Last edited by PatBlock; 10 February 2015, 10:52 PM.
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X