No announcement yet.

Welsh Open Feb 16-22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to John Higgins, he did what he had to do. Poor final.
    I must admit I have never seen pro player miss so many long pots by such a margin as I have seen Woollaston in last two days. He was pretty solid when he was in the balls, but long potting was terrible, and when he had to make some good pot he barely managed to hit maybe 1 of 10. I was not impressed with him so much, he is missing something, I usually like "new faces", but not in this case, I am glad John won.

Comment

• Not sure how to describe Woolastons cue action.....sort of stiff , and not a great deal of feel in it . Looks almost robotic .

At least I know what I mean
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• this is for the disappointed

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
          I assume this is for me. I expressed an opinion that the standard of the first session was poor, particularly for a ranking event final. You disagree. Fine, you are entitled to your opinion. I didn't challenge your opinion, you challenged mine. Snooker standards are not defined by merely listing breaks achieved in certain frames without considering context. That context should also take into account missed easy pots, fluffed safeties and multiple chances needed to clinch the frames. In that respect I think this was a poor final, including the eight frames of the first session. Hands up guys who thinks this final was played to a 'good' standard?
          1 Hand up.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• You said yesterday ghost you hate Higgins and you don't want him to win. He did get over it and stop moaning man jesus christ.
            Ronnie might win the next one and make you happy again.
            WELL DONE JOHN HIGGINS

Comment

• One tournament to forget. Terrible standard throughout. Congrats to Higgins on taking advantage.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                You said yesterday ghost you hate Higgins and you don't want him to win. He did get over it and stop moaning man jesus christ.
                Ronnie might win the next one and make you happy again.
                WELL DONE JOHN HIGGINS
                Just for the record, I never said I hated Higgins, this is snooker not life or death. True, I didn't want him to win, but he did what he had to do and deserved it in the end. And I am not a Ronnie fan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  1 Hand up.

-
                  Glad you enjoyed it PB

Comment

Just for the record, I never said I hated Higgins, this is snooker not life or death. True, I didn't want him to win, but he did what he had to do and deserved it in the end. And I am not a Ronnie fan.
                    Well lighten up a bit ghost. I'm just grateful there is snooker on and great players playing. It might not have been as good as other finals or other tournaments of the past but snooker does not always work that way. I wanted a tighter final like the next man but Ben had a tall order in that he's in his first major final verses his snooker hero so it was always going to be borderline impossible given the fact Higgins will want and need this so badly also. I have enjoyed the tournament TBH because we have seen more players we don't get to see very much playing each other and we never had all the idiotic Ronnie,Trump crowd screaming every two seconds.

Comment

• whoever it was that replied to my message, i know it aint all about who they beat before and all about how they play against you. have you ever heard the saying you can only beat whats put infront of you? well guess what? john did!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it PB
                        Thanks for that ghost. I'm equivalently sad you didn't.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• It was about time John won a ranking event. He really needs to get back to the top of the rankings. His match against Luca Brecel was the highlight of the tournament for me. He was definitely tested there.
                          Poor standard? Tough crowd on this forum.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                            It was about time John won a ranking event. He really needs to get back to the top of the rankings. His match against Luca Brecel was the highlight of the tournament for me. He was definitely tested there.
                            Poor standard? Tough crowd on this forum.
                            Was just going to say that. I have just finished watching the first session now and it was not poor like it was made out on here. It was fine and both played well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                              Well lighten up a bit ghost. I'm just grateful there is snooker on and great players playing. It might not have been as good as other finals or other tournaments of the past but snooker does not always work that way. I wanted a tighter final like the next man but Ben had a tall order in that he's in his first major final verses his snooker hero so it was always going to be borderline impossible given the fact Higgins will want and need this so badly also. I have enjoyed the tournament TBH because we have seen more players we don't get to see very much playing each other and we never had all the idiotic Ronnie,Trump crowd screaming every two seconds.
                              Fair enough Alba, I agree the right guy won in the end and it was nice to see some new faces, which is what the game needs. Hopefully the tournament will be better run next year to the benefit of everyone.

Comment

• Anyone who knows what the 1/2 final does to the ranking of Brecel?

Comment

Working...
                                X