The World Grand Prix Mar 16-22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    What do you mean by his head grow even bigger? He comes across very shy to me
    He does to me as well...comes out especially when he does interviews or an after-match talk. He is definately not at home with that...it shows. I think he's basically a very nice and rather shy guy, but tends to get caught up in the fast times being a youg lad with lots of cash to spend,and thiks he needs to live up to that image. With a big head I meant that Trump didn't seem to have his priorities in order in earlier years...i.e. he was putting more effort and pride in letting the world know which super cars he was buying, or buying ridiculous shoewear for that matter instead of focusing on his game and trying to become the best snookerplayer ever, which on several occassions he mentioned he thought himself to be already. Therefore...a big head

Over these past years he seems to have grown up and matured a lot and puts much effort in his game...and it shows. He is so much more a complete player nowadays with patience and perseverance. Very hard to beat. And he will get even stronger, more complete over the years to come.

I do like the lad, I must confess. He could be a great one, with a great personality to boot. But only if he lets the snooker do the talking, and if he continues to push himself.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post

I do like the lad, I must confess. He could be a great one, with a great personality to boot. But only if he lets the snooker do the talking, and if he continues to push himself.
      Have to agree with that,I mean he wants to be snookers Mario Balotelli because Balotelli's a loony off the field ? So Trump is or wants to be a loony off the table ? gawd embarrassing !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
        Have to agree with that,I mean he wants to be snookers Mario Balotelli because Balotelli's a loony off the field ? So Trump is or wants to be a loony off the table ? gawd embarrassing !!
        Exactly. I do think however all this stupid talk from him is basically a) because he is a shy person and doesn't really have much to say remote to whatever the media (and the readers/twitters/and such) nowadays expect from anyone who's in the spotlight, and b) as I said before, Trump lives in weird times as a youngster where one doesn't seem to count if not in the spotlight, however strange of even deranged on may behave (or is perceived) (case in point, Balotelli).

I think the pressure on him to become the next Ronnie was enormous and consiquently a person like Judd feels the need to live up to that, unfortunately. If such pressures weren't so explicitly present I do think a lad like Trump would grow up very differently and could be much more himself in the spotlight. Pretty sad really...

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          Exactly. I do think however all this stupid talk from him is basically a) because he is a shy person and doesn't really have much to say remote to whatever the media (and the readers/twitters/and such) nowadays expect from anyone who's in the spotlight, and b) as I said before, Trump lives in weird times as a youngster where one doesn't seem to count if not in the spotlight, however strange of even deranged on may behave (or is perceived) (case in point, Balotelli).

I think the pressure on him to become the next Ronnie was enormous and consiquently a person like Judd feels the need to live up to that, unfortunately. If such pressures weren't so explicitly present I do think a lad like Trump would grow up very differently and could be much more himself in the spotlight. Pretty sad really...
          ^^ True but people in the spotlight can be susceptible to lazy journalism from pundits too,I mean when he beat Gould on saturday Foulds and McManus were saying he showed a maturity and grittiness etc,thats bollox,you're not a top player for the last 4 years without having a complete all round game,he shouldn't let their laziness dictate interviews imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
            ^^ True but people in the spotlight can be susceptible to lazy journalism from pundits too,I mean when he beat Gould on saturday Foulds and McManus were saying he showed a maturity and grittiness etc,thats bollox,you're not a top player for the last 4 years without having a complete all round game,he shouldn't let their laziness dictate interviews imo.
            Agreed!

And regarding the media...imho is the one to blame really for the most part. The same goes for many things that are wrong in the world today imo...the media is an enormous machine that feeds us, and it has an enormous impact on how we percieve eachother and the things happening in this world (objective journalism is mostly very hard to find nowadays). This is btw only something from the last 50 years or so (after the sixties really).

But hey...do not get me started on this Gotta go, the Mothership is calling me...
            Last edited by daffie; 23 March 2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Forgot to mention that Ronnie gave away his runners medal to a lad in a wheelchair

Comment

• Originally Posted by shafter View Post
                Forgot to mention that Ronnie gave away his runners medal to a lad in a wheelchair
                Hadn't seen that...a pretty nice gesture from the rocket (if it's that and not like he couldn't be bothered with the medal )

Comment

• I personally don't believe he's a big head at all and I've met quite a few in snooker and most of them struggled to win a game on the challenge tour let alone the main.
                  Deluded fools i call them but Judd has earned the right if he wants to be conceited compared to the big headed losers
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                    I personally don't believe he's a big head at all and I've met quite a few in snooker and most of them struggled to win a game on the challenge tour let alone the main.
                    Deluded fools i call them but Judd has earned the right if he wants to be conceited compared to the big headed losers
                    I agree in part with you. Judd can afford a certain amount of that because of what he has achieved so far. But he also has a tendency to take things for granted, and sometimes it comes across as if he feels entitled to all the things he wants. I think one needs to work one's ass of to deserve / get that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shafter View Post
                      Forgot to mention that Ronnie gave away his runners medal to a lad in a wheelchair
                      That true?

Fair play, if he did that. A lot of his behaviour this week drew criticism, from myself included. But that's classy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                        That true?

Fair play, if he did that. A lot of his behaviour this week drew criticism, from myself included. But that's classy.
                        Yeah it's true. Saw a picture of the lad on twitter.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X