(PC Finals) featuring many of the big names
    playing best of 7 matches over 5 days.

Hopefully some great matches.

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
    A £100,000 first place purse tournament
    (PC Finals) featuring many of the big names
    playing best of 7 matches over 5 days.

Hopefully some great matches.
    Yes, looking forward to this tournament.

Comment

I have my reservations but will give this tournament a go just the same...

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
        I have my reservations but will give this tournament a go just the same...
        Reservations about what?
        Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

If you are reading this later and you are thinking of watching the re-run of King vs Hawkins then don't bother, this is why a shot clock is needed in these minor events to liven them up, the more I look at King's bald head the more and more I start to see Peter Ebdon.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
            If you are reading this later and you are thinking of watching the re-run of King vs Hawkins then don't bother, this is why a shot clock is needed in these minor events to liven them up, the more I look at King's bald head the more and more I start to see Peter Ebdon.
            Not sure about a shot clock but the refs need to man up and stand up to the players and explain the rules so that they play in a timely fashion. WS needs to back the refs up because they fear the players. It's in the interests of WS to eliminate time wasting.

Comment

Originally Posted by shredder View Post
              Reservations about what?
              Partly just a bit tongue-in-cheek and partly also because of the best-of-7 format, whcih normally I despise. Having said that the World Open did have some good matches regardless of the far-too-short format.

That's why reservations

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                Ha ha.....Brill!
                Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

I believe WS should send the players a firm reminder
                  that slow play is unacceptable and will not be tolerated
                  and give the referees the power to enforce it.

Comment

Will there be any tv coverage on this tournament?

Comment

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post
                      Will there be any tv coverage on this tournament?
                      Depending on where you are I guess, but Eurosport Europe does have extensive coverage...

Comment

Hawkins and Ding are out and Robertson and Maguire
                        had to defeat tough opponents in Fu and Higgins to
                        advance.

Robertson was fortunate to win as both he and Fu missed
                        several chances in the decider. Neither was in great form.

Tomorrow brings some good matches and I look forward
                        to the Murphy, Trump and Williams matches especially.
                        Last edited by robertmac; 24 March 2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                          Not sure about a shot clock but the refs need to man up and stand up to the players and explain the rules so that they play in a timely fashion. WS needs to back the refs up because they fear the players. It's in the interests of WS to eliminate time wasting.

Then comes in the arguments of " What is the penalty " for deliberate time wasting and how does the Ref determine between deliberate time wasting and taking the time needed to sum up a tough shot etc etc. It is such a Gray area and giving the Refs this much power to call a time wasting foul whenever they see fit is fraught with danger in my opinion. NEVER should a referee have so much circumstantial powers given to him that can change the outcome of a match no matter who the ref is and how qualified they are.

The shot clock is the only sure way that is " Fair " to everyone and it takes the referee bias out of it. Letting them call a foul for time wasting when ever they want/feel etc is a massive NO NO.

I have never liked the short form and a best of 7 Frame match is crap for ANY world ranking event but this has been discussed a heap! Eliminate the stupid best of 7 frame matches and you will see time wasting diminish by 80% at least.

Giving the Refs more power is not the answer especially if they are able to call a foul for it. If they are given the power to subtly give the player a hurry up or lets go motion o.k BUT penalising players for time wasting at the Refs discretion is the wrong way to go.
                          If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

I think a shot clock is a good idea, maybe just slightly longer then the ridiculous shootout one. Lol.
                            Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Brecel - Trump today, MJW also playing ..... Interesting matches today, cant wait to get back home from my stupid work and watch it!

Comment

Working...
                              X