No announcement yet.

UK Championship '15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm sounds like I missed one last night...darn.

Btw I agree wholeheartedly with mr PB on his remarks regarding 'boring snooker'. I'm with ya mate! :snooker:
    Last edited by daffie; 29 November 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Very disappointing to read those comments from 'Gentleman Joe', stop winging and just accept the fact that on the day you were not good enough to beat your opponent. And I'll say again and again and again Ad infinitum to those who don't appreciate this style of play, as many people enjoy what you may consider to be 'boring snooker' as do the fast and furious stuff, which I also enjoy. IMO last night's match was good fun, nothing wrong with it at all, and I am absolutely positive I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.

Anyway, nice 87 from Judd.

-
      Yes, seemed to be sour grapes from Joe. Just a bad look to complain after a loss.

Would have, should have, didn't.
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• my mate did mention while we watched, why not go for that ball, or that ball, etc; I said, well he really wants to win, nothing taken for granted, no rash shots; also probably will be Williams largest payday so do nothing to endanger that
        I enjoyed the match myself.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Was the BBC showing Perry-Williams last night? Eurosport showed nothing, so I had to make my own choice which match to watch on Eurosport Player, and it seemed like an easy call in favour of Murphy-Zhou. It was fast, attacking stuff, and high quality as well. I switched over at the interval when Murphy was leading 4-0, and I was surprised to see the other match at only 1-0. It must have been a really slow start that immediately put Perry in a bad mood. :smile:

I then watched the second part of the match and Perry was all over the place. If he doesn't like the type of snooker his opponent plays, he is within his rights to say so, I don't want him to lie at a press conference just to avoid controversy. But at the same time, you can't play that poorly and then try to blame it on your opponent. If I was Williams, I would have laughed in his face for that kind of sour grapes.

I also don't agree that there are more and more players playing a slow and negative game these days. It's nonsense really. There are scrappy games, sure, but they tend to happen when the players are out of sorts and miss a lot, rather than them consciously deciding to play a scrappy game. The slowest players in the game are mostly over the age of 40, so I wouldn't expect slow play to become a trend in the future. You will be seeing these players on TV for a while yet though, because the generation of young players coming through these days just isn't as strong. :wink:

Comment

• Perry/Williams, watched it from the BBC website live, which may have location restrictions

Comment

• Dennis Taylor - on Judd missing the pink to middle - (paraphrase) "no nap on these tables that would have turned the pink into the pocket", sorry but Judd must be used to these cloths, maybe Judd just did not hit the pink at the right angle, even pros can miss hit a ball sometimes :wink:
              but often it is blamed on a kick or a bad contact, or the nap, or no nap :biggrin:

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Hmm sounds like I missed one last night...darn.

Btw I agree wholeheartedly with mr PB on his remarks regarding 'boring snooker'. I'm with ya mate! :snooker:
                Shame, think you would've enjoyed that one mate, we had all the reds in one corner at one point, lovely jubbly.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Dennis Taylor - on Judd missing the pink to middle - (paraphrase) "no nap on these tables that would have turned the pink into the pocket", sorry but Judd must be used to these cloths, maybe Judd just did not hit the pink at the right angle, even pros can miss hit a ball sometimes :wink:
                but often it is blamed on a kick or a bad contact, or the nap, or no nap :biggrin:
                Said the same thing to my Mrs, what was he on about?

Good first half that. Did I hear right that Judd is favourite for this tournament? I reckon he'll have to tighten up a bit if he's going to get anywhere near the final.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Selby on a max here, bottled as easy black, LOL.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    Selby on a max here, bottled as easy black, LOL.
                    I see that match is over already, 6 - 0 to Selby.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      Very disappointing to read those comments from 'Gentleman Joe', stop winging and just accept the fact that on the day you were not good enough to beat your opponent. And I'll say again and again and again Ad infinitum to those who don't appreciate this style of play, as many people enjoy what you may consider to be 'boring snooker' as do the fast and furious stuff, which I also enjoy. IMO last night's match was good fun, nothing wrong with it at all, and I am absolutely positive I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.

Anyway, nice 87 from Judd.

-
                      Exactly. Perry is hardly the most flamboyant or enjoyable player to watch.
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• First blood to Mehta. Scrappy frame, but glad to see him take it in the end.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          First blood to Mehta. Scrappy frame, but glad to see him take it in the end.
                          Yeah, but 3 - 1 at the interval, looks a bit ominous for Mehta now. Still you never know. Not much of a match on the other TV table, Mags up 4 - 0 on Cope, could be in for an early night tonight peeps.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Indeed looks like an early night on both tables. But still this game of ours...who knows

Comment

• I'm glad to see my long potting coaching is starting to take effect with Robbo.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I've given up...watching The Hunt instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X