No announcement yet.

UK Championship '15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Robertson got 145 on the frame after the missed 147.

What a couple of frames, imagine if back to back 147 ever happened.

Comment

• its going to be very interesting to see who comes out on top, lots of great snooker to come...
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• This tournament has really stepped up several gears for me, top stuff.

Comment

• I think it would be difficult to bet against Selby for this tournament, since he did his overcoming adversity bit against Jamie Jones - he really is the new John Higgins for me; absolute animal under pressure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            I think it would be difficult to bet against Selby for this tournament, since he did his overcoming adversity bit against Jamie Jones - he really is the new John Higgins for me; absolute animal under pressure.
            John Higgins wins matches through showing his class winning frames with convincing contributions under the most extreme pressure. Selby somehow has a knack of bringing players down to the level of play he plays at when struggling and scraps out wins in matches with a high break of 50. I have never known a player who can score and play as well as he does at times to put in so many horrible performances. Comparing him to a top 3 all time player like John nah not good enough to chaulk Johns cue .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
              Judds arse has caved in.
              And about time too.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                This tournament has really stepped up several gears for me, top stuff.
                Yes, I'm enjoying it more now, as it looks like they're playing in a proper setup rather than a gymnasium.
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                  John Higgins wins matches through showing his class winning frames with convincing contributions under the most extreme pressure. Selby somehow has a knack of bringing players down to the level of play he plays at when struggling and scraps out wins in matches with a high break of 50. I have never known a player who can score and play as well as he does at times to put in so many horrible performances. Comparing him to a top 3 all time player like John nah not good enough to chaulk Johns cue .
                  Absolutely. Someone who has won 28 majors and 4 world's against a player who has 6 majors and 1 world championship is NO comparison. Selby has won many matches by tying people up in knots with his brand of snooker. Playing on when he needs four snooker's just to annoy the life out of the opponent.
                  John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Higgins is a tough customer that has recently found his groove again. The way he's been playing the last couple of months is just a joy to watch. I hope he'll go all the way to clinch the title.

On the other hand, I keep being disapointed by Judd Trump....he seems to regress year after year. He is still a fantastic potter but his shot selection at times, especially under pressure, has been dreadful. Does anyone know if he has a coach? If not, he might be wise to look for someone to help him with the mental side because this is his only real weakness, me think. Would be a shame to waste such a talent with couple of brainfarts at crucial moments.
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Yup same here...very glad to see JH up to his great form once again. Hoping he can continue....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                        Higgins is a tough customer that has recently found his groove again. The way he's been playing the last couple of months is just a joy to watch. I hope he'll go all the way to clinch the title.

On the other hand, I keep being disapointed by Judd Trump....he seems to regress year after year. He is still a fantastic potter but his shot selection at times, especially under pressure, has been dreadful. Does anyone know if he has a coach? If not, he might be wise to look for someone to help him with the mental side because this is his only real weakness, me think. Would be a shame to waste such a talent with couple of brainfarts at crucial moments.
                        I thought he would have moved on to another level and I though him and Robertson would start to dominate the game, but neither seems to have it in them.

Comment

• Robertson seems to take an age on shot selection lately . Appears to have slowed his game down considerably .

Did any one else think he looked ill last night ? He looked very pale . Not sure if that is due to this Vegan diet , just seemed devoid of colour in his face .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Robertson seems to take an age on shot selection lately . Appears to have slowed his game down considerably .

Did any one else think he looked ill last night ? He looked very pale . Not sure if that is due to this Vegan diet , just seemed devoid of colour in his face .
                            I think we get this particular question in just about every tournament we see Robbo. I think he has a natural pale complexion (is this the right word?), and coupled with his mostly indoor activities (as with most snooker players), this tends to result in a rather pale complexion It is notable though it gets mentioned quite often regarding Robbo.

Comment

On the other hand, I keep being disapointed by Judd Trump....Does anyone know if he has a coach?
                              He has always said he neer had a coach and doesn't need one - he knows how to play. You can sort of see his point, but he does seem to have a bit of a habit of falling over big fences.

Comment

Not that I care a toss about Trump, but I seem to remember him saying some time ago that he was "too good" to need a coach. As if further proof were required, he didn't even take part in one of the recent tournaments as a qualifier beat him beforehand. Not only that, he was given a complete coat of whitewash.

Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                                X