The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well done, Barry, but I can't pretend I'm not surprised by the result, or not disappointed either. Barry's just one of those players who does nothing for me, from a spectator point of view.
    Hawk. v. Bingo, the nightmare threat is real!

For snooker, please God, get Ronnie through. He's your angel, your chosen one, equip him to do your just work and show on the baize, the glory of your creative joy on Earth. Amen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
      Hawk. v. Bingo, the nightmare threat is real!

For snooker, please God, get Ronnie through. He's your angel, your chosen one, equip him to do your just work and show on the baize, the glory of your creative joy on Earth. Amen.
      Don't be daft, it's obvious he sold his soul to the devil!. :devilish:

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Game On!!!

:snooker:

Cmon Stu...

Comment

• Did Rob Walker just say that the World title was Bingham's first "global" title? What the hell does that mean?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            Did Rob Walker just say that the World title was Bingham's first "global" title? What the hell does that mean?
            It means basil brush is a cockwomble.

Notice how Hendry refers to Bingo as 'Stuart' but refers to Ronnie as 'O'Sullivan'. It's the emphasis as well.

Comment

• Nice start, keep it up Ballrun

Comment

• Nice one Bingsy...that'll do fine...keep 'm coming pretty please

Comment

• Lucky Ronnie

Comment

• lucky man indeed. Stu should have gone for the pot though...

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Judd's offset address due to his slight body movement costs him more on slow shots than when he's stunning and screwing the cue ball around, happened again today, but can he do something about it ?

He could sort out his technique, which is relatively awful. It really shows where he is with natural ability....most of us could barely pot a ball if we did what he did. Yet on top of that ability to pot the way that comes natural he has to practice to get to the required level....but those flaws in technique can be exposed under pressure....like with golfers who re-model their swing to be able to compete under pressure down the back straight in majors....and Trump has essentially admitted that he knows that he buckles under pressure....and part of that is technique, and lack of confidence in it, under the gun.

....this balance between natural and technique is a tricky thing. I know a regular century breaker who moans when he sees me play that he's "never seen a leftie with a poor action". Yet I'm not fit to play on the same table as him and his hideous gorilla grip. I can't even bring the cue through holding it the way he does. For many years I got down naturally, and tried not to think of technique....and I never got any better.

If you're blessed with natural ability, and that makes you a Hendry or an O'Sullivan then that's clearly brilliant.....but what if it only makes you a Jimmy White, a Tony Drago, or a Jamie Cope? In that case wouldn't it be better to tear into your technique and robot yourself up into a Nugget?

Natural ability and practice will take you so far. you might be so good that you don't need good technique and mental strength.....on the other hand you might be better if you get a bit of sports science behind you. Ronnie did and it's put a couple of championships and a number of years on his career. It doesn't have to be in the head work....sometimes they might benefit from some on the table work too.

I think Trump needs that if he's going to be a serial winner. He might fluke the odd top title when he runs hot for long enough....but at this point it's clear that there is more missing, than there is there. He's entertaining...or to put it another way, a habitual loser....like so many other 'entertaining' players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                        lucky man indeed. Stu should have gone for the pot though...
                        Looked like easy shot to nothing to me, daft for not trying it

Comment

• Barry Hawkins has been the player of the tournament for me, I would predict he'll win the tourney but that seems to be the kiss of death, so I won't.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Looked like easy shot to nothing to me, daft for not trying it
                            Yeah my thoughts exactly. Early days maybe, Stu needs to settle a bit looks to me.

Btw our lucky boy just struck again

Comment

• I do think Bingham has ROS' number tbh. If you look at their big matches in the last 5 years, ROS battered him once at the WC, but Bingham beat him last year in the WC, twice in the UK, and was also arguably the better player for much of their CoC final + a recent semi final they had too, where ROS won deciders I believe (that Bingham threw away).

Not saying he's going to win here or anything, but I definitely don't think ROS enjoys playing against him.

Comment

• Yup both Bingham and Selby can get the rocket to quiver. Selby a bit less though the past year...

Comment

Working...
                                X