No announcement yet.

Greatest performance in a match ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also saw ian burns make classy wooliston look like a club player with no miss snooker in a ptc, both chucking about it on the handshake
    How have I not heard about this??? Please elaborate

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
      Fair play to Ron for trying to help Ding through it. Even give him a kiss on the head when he realised it was getting on top for him.
      kissing when on top always makes the end result more rewarding

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        kissing when on top always makes the end result more rewarding
        Haha, that could be read in several ways

Comment

What about Joe Johnson winning the 1986 world championship. He had never won a match at the crucible before and was 150-1 for the title.

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
            What about Joe Johnson winning the 1986 world championship. He had never won a match at the crucible before and was 150-1 for the title.
            And he made the Final the year after.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              How have I not heard about this??? Please elaborate
              it was a few years ago, after a couple of frames ben started glancin over as if to say you ever gonna miss. i think ian missed one long ball, what can you say. might be on youtube

Comment

1991 Masters final. Mike Hallett vs Stephen Hendry.

Hallett was 8-0 up but went on to lose the deciding frame.

Comment

Fair play to Ron for trying to help Ding through it. Even give him a kiss on the head when he realised it was getting on top for him.
                  I think it was as much the fans as anything else.

Like you say though, fair play to Ronnie. He looked after Ding, and chastised his own fans.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    Was that match that Higgins broke the then record for unanswered points? Yes, that's got to be up there too.
                    That's the one. :smile: It's interesting, six months prior they played the Masters final where O'Sullivan was absolutely superb in winning 10-3, and Higgins commented after the match that he himself was incapable of performances like that, or words to that effect. It's funny how low on confidence he was at the time, then went on to produce one of the all-time great performances himself, and followed it with the famous 10-9 win over O'Sullivan at the Masters, and two more ranking finals that season, both of which he lost in the deciding frame.

I'm not sure the 2005 Grand Prix final would be right at the top of my list though, because O'Sullivan was poor that day, and it's much easier to play when you don't have a strong opponent. :smile:

Comment

this has got to be up there

Comment

Haha, that could be read in several ways
                        I think that was his point
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Some good matches mentioned here - 94 uk final was out of this world, but for me a great match needs both players to be on top form and that would have to be in the worlds a semi I think between hendry and o'sullivan that was very close and remains the best all round match I have seen. Without checking I can't be 100% sure but I think Hendry won a final frame decider?
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think he won 17:15?

Can't remember the year? 01?
                            Last edited by pottr; 18 January 2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                              I think he won 18:16

Can't remember the year? 01?
                              nor me, i just remember each time either of them got in they cleared up!
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It was 1999. Just checked... 17:13 4 tons a piece.

in 2002 the same scoreline with Henders making 5 tons...

Comment

Working...
                                X