2016 Ladbrokes Players Championship Grand Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
    It's top entertainment compared to the standard of snooker they've been watching this week.... Lol
    To be serious for a moment, I'm not altogether sure why this tournament is getting such a bashing. Crowds have been abysmal, admittedly, but apart from that I've certainly seen worse.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I notice one audience member gets the snooker thing then, eh! Lol the only one to clap as murf past the line.. Nobody else murmered. Can't remember seeing a UK event with such poor atmosphere

Comment

• I just cant warm to Shaun Murphy.Not sure if its his belief that he's some kind of elder statesman of the game or his thump thump thump style of play.Certainly his belief that a shot clock should be the norm is ironic considering the time he takes on a lot of shots.I think his play lacks any kind of artistry or finesse.and for a player with supposedly the best cue action in the world he seems to miss a lot of shots by a huge margin.His continual ham-acting looks of puzzlement after every miss are another annoyance.Still,it could be worse - it could be O'Sullivan.
        :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
          I just cant warm to Shaun Murphy.Not sure if its his belief that he's some kind of elder statesman of the game or his thump thump thump style of play [snip]
          I quite simply could not have expressed my own feelings towards SM any better!

Like you say, over two minutes thinking time for a man who wants a shot clock?
          Last edited by Billy; 26 March 2016, 10:10 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
            I just cant warm to Shaun Murphy.Not sure if its his belief that he's some kind of elder statesman of the game or his thump thump thump style of play.Certainly his belief that a shot clock should be the norm is ironic considering the time he takes on a lot of shots.I think his play lacks any kind of artistry or finesse.and for a player with supposedly the best cue action in the world he seems to miss a lot of shots by a huge margin.His continual ham-acting looks of puzzlement after every miss are another annoyance.Still,it could be worse - it could be O'Sullivan.
            Surely you jest? Murphy is not my cup of tea as a bloke, although I'm warming to him slightly, but he's the best to watch there is, imo. He's a phenomenal cueist.

You want a mincing tit who should have been fitted with a stop clock at birth, try Neil Robertson.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post

You want a mincing tit who should have been fitted with a stop clock at birth, try Neil Robertson.
              Ha ha ha I like that

Comment

Or Martin Gould.

Comment

I think you fancy him really biggie

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    What do snooker crowds find so amusing about flys/moths? That's what I should like to know. If there's one hovering about the table and the player takes a swipe at it, they fall about laughing!
                    Damn, did i miss a fly incident ???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      You been drinking jonny
                      I must've had a few. I had no idea Shaun Murphy had been knocked out this morning.

Comment

• Originally Posted by BusterBloodvessel View Post
                        Or Martin Gould.

Phukkas, eh? Where abouts? Not many snooker tables on phuket.

Comment

[snip] He's a phenomenal cueist.[snip]
                          I truly believe people only hold this opinion because it's been stated as 'fact' by so many commentators and players. It's a good cue action, but he plays every shot twice as hard as the better cueist in the game - like the aforementioned Robertson for example. Ding is another with a better cue action. I could go on.

Comment

• Double kiss?? Pay attention, Neil, he caught the jaws of the pocket.

Comment

• Why were they laughing just then? No commentary here. Was it another fly?

Not sure I like the camera that sort of flies in . . . making me seasick.
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Why were they laughing just then? No commentary here. Was it another fly?

Not sure I like the camera that sort of flies in . . . making me seasick.
                                Hail stones and thunder stopped play

Comment

Working...
                                X