No announcement yet.

2016 World Championship Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm seeing Alan McManus, or at least one session of him.

I think the only other time I've seen him live was in 2006. He played Stephen Hendry at The Masters. He won, and I was there.

Comment

• Pretty good opening weekend,Bingham v Carter,Fu v Ebdon,Murphy v McGIll to a finish,plus O'Sullivan Gilbert first session sunday afternoon.

Comment

• Interesting draw, I think most the top seeds or favourites will be fairly pleased they have avoided the in form players like Ding and Wilson. Obviously Bingham has got one of the toughest draws and as defending champion I think most people see that as a possible upset although it wouldn't be if you know what I mean.

Trump against Liang looks like a potential banana skin too, Liang beat him in the UK despite trailing 4-1 so that will certainly be on Trump's mind.

I think Robbo, Ronnie, Selby will be more than happy with their draws, Murphy has a tricky tie but McGill has shown little form this season to suggest he will cause an upset there.

Walden and Allen the last two previous finalists in ranking events I think will fancy their chances, as too will Hawkins. However the remaining matches in the draw are very tough to call and could go either way.
        The rest of the matches really could swing either way.

Comment

• I have just read on the world snooker website that they have extended this years tournament by two days to accommodate Ebdons first round match, it goes on to state they may extend it further depending how far he goes in the competition.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I have just read on the world snooker website that they have extended this years tournament by two days to accommodate Ebdons first round match, it goes on to state they may extend it further depending how far he goes in the competition.
            i'm there monday morning/afternoon. I've not looked yet but i'm praying i'm not watching him!
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• He's not the only slow player involved. I watched some of Mitchell Mann's games and he is pretty slow for a young player, many of his games the sessions were brought off without completing the maximum amount, regularly takes a minute over shot selection etc. Another deliberately slow player that uses the tactic to frustrate the opponent, I hope the refs are under instructions this year to warn players for deliberate slow play.

Comment

• Reckon any of the pubs in Sheffield will be televise the snooker on Saturday afternoon? I'm usually watching from inside the venue.

Comment

• How do people see Barry Hawkins vs Zhang Anda going?

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    Reckon any of the pubs in Sheffield will be televise the snooker on Saturday afternoon? I'm usually watching from inside the venue.
                    Yeah there's one a hundred yards up from the crucible, can't remember the name but it's between the gardens and the venue itself. Often has people selling cues/pro's doing their bit for their sponsors. Tv's are always on with the snooker in that place.
                    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Will it be match hardened success or burnt out excuses for everyone apart from Ronnie ?
                      Will kicks decide the fate of many ?
                      How big will the pockets be this year ?
                      Will the referees stand hard against gamesmanship ?
                      Will any referee actually use their noggin and not give a miss now and again ?
                      Will that bloke in the football shirts be there again ?
                      Will the same old questions be asked and answered ad infinitum ?
                      Will we get Hendry after he went to ITV ?
                      Will the commentators allow the snooker to speak for itself now and again ?
                      Will there be a new Hawkeye system ?
                      Will there be so many replays that we miss the next shot time and again ?
                      Will mobile phones be banned from the arena ?
                      Will I actually bother with the final if Ronnie gets beat ?

Comment

• As long as they don't put up that stupid break / points thing they did before .......no need for it on the screen .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                          Yeah there's one a hundred yards up from the crucible, can't remember the name but it's between the gardens and the venue itself. Often has people selling cues/pro's doing their bit for their sponsors. Tv's are always on with the snooker in that place.
                          That'll be The Old Monk. I thought that one would, as it usually seems to. But I was a bit worried they'd prioritise football stuff on Saturdays.

Wouldn't mind keeping an eye on the first session of Mags.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            Will it be match hardened success or burnt out excuses for everyone apart from Ronnie ?
                            Will kicks decide the fate of many ?
                            How big will the pockets be this year ?
                            Will the referees stand hard against gamesmanship ?
                            Will any referee actually use their noggin and not give a miss now and again ?
                            Will that bloke in the football shirts be there again ?
                            Will the same old questions be asked and answered ad infinitum ?
                            Will we get Hendry after he went to ITV ?
                            Will the commentators allow the snooker to speak for itself now and again ?
                            Will there be a new Hawkeye system ?
                            Will there be so many replays that we miss the next shot time and again ?
                            Will mobile phones be banned from the arena ?
                            Will I actually bother with the final if Ronnie gets beat ?
                            Looking forward to the biggest and most important tournament of the year, then?

Comment

• Judd v Ronnie in the final?

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                I have just read on the world snooker website that they have extended this years tournament by two days to accommodate Ebdons first round match, it goes on to state they may extend it further depending how far he goes in the competition.
                                When I heard Ebdon had won his final qualifying match I though sh*t
                                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X