No announcement yet.

World Open 2016 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well played to Ali Carter, a good win in the end, considering Perry was coming back at him. The second session was much higher quality than the first one, with a number of high breaks between the players, and I'm sure Perry will look back at his nervy start. He basically lost this match in the first session. He looked miserable at the start of the victory ceremony, but they gave him so many presents that he had to smile a little at the end. :smile: Ah well, there may be other opportunities, especially if he keeps playing this well.

I have to give enormous credit to Carter for coming back and winning another title after everything life has thrown at him. Great fighter! He has now won four ranking titles, and the only finals he's lost were the ones where he faced Higgins or O'Sullivan. :smile:

All in all, it wasn't the best tournament, let's be honest... In fact, I can't remember a single tournament that has had this many one-sided TV matches in all the time I've been watching snooker. I suppose it could have been a little better if the TV choices were different, but even so... We'll just have to put it down to bad luck and hope for better in the next event. :smile: The snooker itself was actually quite high quality, with strong performances from a number of players throughout the week, it's just a shame it didn't result in closer matches.

It was also nice to see almost perfect table conditions for once, almost no kicks or big bounces throughout the week, and no crazy balls going in. Makes a pleasant change after the travesty that were the WC tables a few months ago. :smile: Eurosport coverage was also great this time, I think they didn't miss a single session, at least not on Eurosport International. The only complaint I have is Joe Johnson using the stupid Steve McQueen joke again. Next time pick someone who actually managed to escape in that film, please. :wink:

That's it for snooker for a while then... I may watch a bit of the Paul Hunter Classic next month, but I can't take it particularly seriously with its current format. Looking forward to the Shanghai Masters in September though. :smile:

Comment

Well, kinda sad no more posts .... I hope the reason is it was played over sea and it was hard to catch up all the matches ....I only had chance to watch the last three matches live during the weekend.
      I am not sure for whom I was cheering more in the final, but very well done Ali. He might not be might favourite player, but given all his issues of the table, he is superb player, well done! And I hope that Joe will also will proper ranking tournament, he is really great player, deserves one at least.

Comment

Working...
      X