No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding still seems fairly relaxed, but it's getting dangerous for him. He hasn't really played himself into the session yet, and there is a chance Selby takes all four frames before the interval now...

Comment

• Excellent response from Ding under pressure. I'm glad he didn't get the century though, because that penultimate red had no business going in. :wink:

Out for lunch now, hopefully I don't miss the rest of the match. :smile:

Comment

• Great final so far ! C'mon Ding
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Jeez what a battle in this 16th frame!! this is brutally insane from Mark......
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Congratulations to Ding Junhui! Superb performance to win his first ranking title in nearly two and a half years. Really good to see him back as a winner, though I would have prefered the score to be a bit closer. Selby was a bit too inconsistent over the whole match, but overall it was a great final. And the last frame was just brilliant.

With his win at the Shanghai Masters Ding also climbs back to number #6 in the World Ranking.

Comment

• Congrats to Ding.

Selby is my least favourite player on the circuit, but even I must give respect where it's due for some of those snookers at the end. Amazing stuff.

Comment

• High quallity final, was hoping Mark to win .... but a really good match, only shameful thing is they dont broadcast it live on tv ....

Comment

• That was great. Really entertaining snooker with a lively atmosphere and lovely to see the emotion from Ding at the end and Mark's response to it. It was a well deserved win for Ding I think, Mark did well to get to the final the way he's been playing, just not consistent enough, mind you, some of those snooker in the final frame.

It's a shame there wasn't more translation during the award ceremony, quite disappointing that, I'd like to have heard what Ding's Dad? was saying. Good stuff overall though, well done Ding.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I was hoping for a closer match, but Selby just didn't have anything left after his initial push to close the gap. Good stuff from Ding to win the final four frames. :smile:

I don't think I've ever seen Ding so emotional during a victory ceremony before. They tried their best to get him to say a few words, but he just couldn't speak at all. It clearly meant a lot to him to finally win another major title again, after all the struggles with his form over the past two seasons. I too wish I could have understood what his father was saying, hopefully we get a translation later. Also, hats off to Selby for how he conducted himself after the match...

I have made a conscious decision not to comment much on all the best-of-7 snooker that has soiled the calendar this season, so I won't be around much during the European Masters and the English Open. Looking forward to the International Championship next month though. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I have made a conscious decision not to comment much on all the best-of-7 snooker that has soiled the calendar this season, so I won't be around much during the European Masters and the English Open. Looking forward to the International Championship next month though. :smile:
                      The International Championship really is the next event of interest.

Comment

• Shaun Murphy; you still sayin' Ding needs to prepare properly? He's made the world final from qually and just won the Shanghai Masters? Or are you too busy at Dunkin' Donuts to care? lol

Two major finals; two players with Stamford Cues. Does anyone remember the days when Parris cue players used to make major finals? :biggrin-new:
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 September 2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X